Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gooleys
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Bt contract

Go to solution
Unfortunately due to circumstances I have to leave my home and move in with family, but I have only been in contract 2 months. Do I need to pay a termination as I can't afford it all at once
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Bt contract

Go to solution

If you cancel the contract you will need to pay cancellation fees which will be high.

If it is a broadband contract  and your family don't already have broadband you could transfer the package via a "Home move" to their address which will avoid having to cancel it.

0 Ratings
gooleys
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks for that
0 Ratings
Jimmy3
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

If bt raise there prices you have 28 days to cancel penalty free,just wait until they raise there prices and you can leave contract,I have done it myself

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@Jimmy3 wrote:

If bt raise there prices you have 28 days to cancel penalty free,just wait until they raise there prices and you can leave contract,I have done it myself

Not much use if he has to move before this years price rise is announced. Last years rise was in September.

0 Ratings
Jimmy3
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

They raise prices all the time you just have to watch out for the next one I don't think you will have to wait to long

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

If I recall correctly BT recently announced that there would only be one price rise per year.

0 Ratings
Jimmy3
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

It's been six months since last raise which means six months to wait,better than eighteen months contract lock in

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@Jimmy3 wrote:

@Jimmy3 That no longer applies, there was a change in the T&Cs. Price increases will occur each year automatically in line with inflation, and if you are out of a fixed term contract, and do not want to pay the new prices, then you can leave.

If you are still in a fixed term contract, then you have to pay the increase until your contract ends.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

The OP hasn't said when he has to move home but given that he has posted about it now I doubt he will be able to wait six months.

0 Ratings