cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Bt essentials

I’m going round in circles trying to apply for the essentials package. Myself and my husband have be in receipt of universal credit and pip for over 2 years yet bt are saying that when they check my national insurance number I don’t qualify! This has been going on for almost a month now so that’s another month of paying full price. We’ve spoken twice to universal credit and they say that the national insurance number is visible (for the check) we’ve been told loads of different things from bt operators from a problem with the website (bt website) to the national insurance number doesn’t match up ,it definitely does. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a manager or someone who actually knows what is going on? Thanks 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Bt essentials

does this help.  is BT account in you or your husbands name

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

No sorry that doesn’t help,been trying on that page for weeks and when the ni number is put in it’s saying something isn’t right. The bt account is in my name and it’s a joint claim on uc . 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Have you tried your husband's NI number instead?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Yes I’ve tried husband name but the bt account is not in his name so won’t work for definite. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

@Rolothedog 

I have asked one of the mods to see if they can help you as you don't seem to be making any progress

they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 15

Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Not his name, just his NI number.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

@rbz5416

that won't work either name and NI number has to be for BT account holder

Message 10 of 15

Hi @Rolothedog,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry if you haven't been able to order the BT Essentials Package. We did have a similar issue in the Community - Here 

My understanding from that thread is as a couple you would have only one claimant, even those both you are in receipt of Universal Credit. In your case is your husband the claimant?

If you send me your details, I'll take a look to see what we can do.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy