cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hackn
Message 1 of 4

Bt home improvement charge

Go to solution
I recently joined Bt as we had moved we received are equipment and set it all up as there was an existing Bt phone line in the property which was working as I new the people in the property and had called them on the phone many times how ever our broadband and phone were not I rang Bt and they said it was all switched on and working
But we had nothing
So they sent an engineer to check low and behold they had turned on a line 2 streets away so the engineer said he could swop the wires in the main box down the road
He did this and it was up and running
He then said that the line box in the house was old and he would change the front plate for an up to date one
Next thing I know I have had my broadband service suspended and I have a charge of £129 for the engineer to put BT's mistake right
So I have tried to ring and speak to someone about it and all I get is an automated service telling me to pay
So that's 2 days without broadband at the beginning and a day now can someone please help me ?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bt home improvement charge

Go to solution

Hi @Hackn and welcome.

I'm sorry you've received an engineer charge on your bill. I can understand how worrying that might be for you. Your best bet would be to contact our billing live chat team who will be happy to look into this for you. Can you please try that and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Hackn
Message 3 of 4

Re: Bt home improvement charge

Go to solution
Hi David
I am trying that just now
I will let you know how I get on

Thanks Neil
0 Ratings