Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Larterton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Bt infinity upgrade - not going well

Go to solution
After having a 3mb bb connection finally opted upgrades from home hub 4 to 5- infinity etc.

Lots of emails about activation, delivery of home hub 5 - great stuff.

Activated on "Thursday" 8th jan- my old home hub 4 was flashing orange with red "b". Obviously as it was working before i went to work nothing wrong with my internal wiring or setup.

Plugged in new home hub 5 - same issue. Contacted bt online - was told to check setup and don't worry will be sorted after midnight.

Friday 9th - still no broadband. Called again - no update.

Saturday 10th - still no broadband. Called again. Issue will now been escalated - you will be called Monday night.
Raised on btcare- via Twitter. Someone called me and advised there was an exchange issue and will be fixed by 8pm.

Sunday 11th - still no broadband. The exchange issue only started on Saturday pm - so unlikely to be the cause of my issue.

Someone from bt care called again - now have to an engineer visit - earliest Tuesday am !

You can't fault the bt staff for trying but BT as a company have to do better. Athough i had a Bt 3mb service before it's better than 0mb.

I had planned to work from home but had to make alternative plans. No internet over weekend etc I'm stunned there is no backup or rollback plan. BT said this was seemless upgrade and I didn't need to be in. Now I have to take an half day as can't work from home (no broadband).

Just got the jan bill for upgrading to infinity etc.... Did I mention kids driving me crazy....and have a another 2 days to go.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Larterton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bt infinity upgrade - not going well

Go to solution
Incidentally the drop external line into the master socket is the original tin cable... Nothing optical - could it be that simple?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Larterton,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

Sorry you're having problems since upgrading to BT Infinity.  I'm sure @btcare on Twitter will get you sorted.  Do keep us posted how things go.

All the best,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

you appear to be getting fibre to the cabinet - FTTC - which is the same as vast majority of fibre connections and the the existing copper connection from the cabinet to your home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Larterton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Finally all sorted in minutes. The engineer who installed last Thursday configured it incorrectly and it was a case of swapping some wires in a junction box down the road. (nothing to do with my internal  wiring)

For the £36 in cost to upgrade etc I was unable to work from home, no broadband for 5 days inc the weekend, I lost half a days paid holiday and the teenage social life disruption was priceless.    

0 Ratings