cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liam1
Message 1 of 31

Bt terrible customer service

So I don't normally write and complain but bt have to have the most useless incompetent staff I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I'm sure I'm not alone in having spent hours on the phone trying to resolve the simplest of issues. Best of all is the joy of the Indian call centre who just make up their answers as they go along. Where to start a simple house move - you call weeks in advance to give the date of your move and the address of where you're moving to - your order is accepted and you think you will just go into your property and get your phone and broadband. Well you've got no chance unless you spend hours a day on the phone to the fabulous customer advisors - here's a selection of responses you will get after you have been through all the number choices and huge waits before you speak to anyone - 'you can't get broadband' - 'the signals too weak' - 'you haven't made an order,' - 'the Order was cancelled' - 'you've got a tag on the line' - 'we've no record of you' - 'we'll call you back' (they never do) - 'the previous customer didn't cancel properly' (they did) - well send an engineer immediately (they don't) 'your broadband will be activated today...tomorrow....two days time.... 'The ones i like are the 'managers who say it will be their personal mission to solve your problem' - you never hear from them again or 'we will fast track you' - even better is 'your service will be expedited' and so it goes and days go by and you are never connected and you sit in an Internet cafe every day with other 'clients' in the same position . Each day you call again and are then told they cancelled your order for tech reasons so you have to place a re-order and start again....so my advice is don't move house if you ever want the internet again - you won't ever be connected - you will live in an Internet cafe or local library and rot there however knowing that you are BT's priority and you can call India daily because they truly care about their customers.
30 REPLIES 30
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 31

Re: Bt terrible customer service

Welcome to the forum. I'm asking the moderators to see what's gone wrong with your move; they should post contact info here in the morning so you can provide your account details privately.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 31

Hi Liam1,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the delay connecting services at your new address and that you've had to speak with so many people to get this sorted out.

I'll be happy to pick things up from here and give you as hand until you're up and running.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 31
Moved:

Liam1
Message 5 of 31

Couldn't agree more - another week passes still no internet - have now made 26 calls to BT - was utterly assured on the last one that my internet would be connected - of course it wasn't - no one ever calls back - everyone lies - the only time they make an effort is when you say you are leaving then they pass you to another dept who do their best to lie even more by guaranteeing your service will be connected & of course it isn't . I finally had enough today and said I was leaving and wanted my contract - but they wouldn't let me cancel! Saying I had to call back in 48 hours to cancel!!!!!! I have finally given up - I have cancelled by debit . Yes folks BT are still debuting me for the broadband I never had! I'll never get the money back but I can no longer take the strain of spending 2 hours a day on the phone to them... I just can't do it.....I've signed up with another provider it has been without doubt the worse experience I have ever had with a company - appalling, stressful, time consuming, pointless - no matter what the fee is to get yourself out of the contract - pay it - free yourself up - leave. - just leave - I absolutely hate them.
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 31

@Liam1 wrote:
Couldn't agree more - another week passes still no internet - have now made 26 calls to BT - was utterly assured on the last one that my internet would be connected - of course it wasn't - no one ever calls back - everyone lies - the only time they make an effort is when you say you are leaving then they pass you to another dept who do their best to lie even more by guaranteeing your service will be connected & of course it isn't . I finally had enough today and said I was leaving and wanted my contract - but they wouldn't let me cancel! Saying I had to call back in 48 hours to cancel!!!!!! I have finally given up - I have cancelled by debit . Yes folks BT are still debuting me for the broadband I never had! I'll never get the money back but I can no longer take the strain of spending 2 hours a day on the phone to them... I just can't do it.....I've signed up with another provider it has been without doubt the worse experience I have ever had with a company - appalling, stressful, time consuming, pointless - no matter what the fee is to get yourself out of the contract - pay it - free yourself up - leave. - just leave - I absolutely hate them.

@Liam1 

Did you contact 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 31

Hi Liam1,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry you’ve had such a bad experience with BT but if you still require help just drop us an email as per Robbies previous post.

@malariaparasite I can help you with the refunds etc. Please email your details and I'll look into it for you. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Potts
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 31

This is all so so true, going through it ourselves! your comments did manage to make me smile though 🙂
Cathy8
Beginner
Message 9 of 31

Couldn't agree more. The blatant lying is extraordinary as you get passed around, wasting your time whilst your blood pressure reaches new heights. My family as one regret the day we left joined BT. Does anyone senior in BT realise how utterly apalling it's service is?
Dean56
Message 10 of 31

I am having exactly the same problem. I have waited 3 times for engineers visit and it never happens. Keeps been put back by a day. Phoned again to check was coming today and it was put back again to tomorrow. I went mad. I need internet to work, I have 3 children and I currently have no source of income. I booked this house move over a month ago and BB was supposed to go active Monday 30th.

They are now saying that have to cancel the orignal order and do a new one as there was a problem with the system. It takes 24/48 hours to cancel this order (why??) so I will not hear anything until Monday. 2 weeks since BB was supposed to go live.
It's just shocking service.

If anyone here can help I would be so grateful!