cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Bt unable to provide broadband but still taking the money....

Go to solution

Having just looked through various other posts, I can see this is all going to sound depressingly familiar....

Moved house early July and we still do not have any broadband.

Numerous phone calls to bt have only produced frustration and a feeling of disbelief at the incompetence and almost unbelievably bad customer service exhibited by Bt.

Have been promised broadband several times but always fails to happen. Have complained which has been noted on file and that appears to be the end of it...

Has allegedly been escalated and has a team overseeing the issue but still nothing. Have been promised several call backs and am still waiting...

My last call actually found someone vaguely helpful and had the deceny to appear embarrassed by the situation. He actually informed me that they were unable to provide us with broadband as the exchange we are connected to does not have broadband capability.... I found this hard to believe so did some research and found our telephone number would appear to be connected to the local exchange which does indeed have broadband. It is however due an update in early Oct. This is also the date which has been mentioned to us as when bt may be able to provide broadband. Is this actually a capacity issue? He then informed me he would amend my package and remove the broadband as they were simply unable to provide it and I needed to recontact them in Oct. At this point, we upgraded our mobile packages and stated using 4G data instead so we could begin to get on with things and I left things alone for a short while for the sake of my sanity!

However, having just received my latest bill, I have been charged for a broadband service that bt state they are unable to provide me and does not appear on my package. This is either more incompetence or simply fraud.

The whole experience has been frustrating and stressful. I have no confidence in the situation being resolved. There appears to be no credible complaint process. I shall be looking elsewhere for my broadband/phone services. A shame as the infinity service I had at my last address was excellent but then it worked and I never had cause to speak with bt customer services. I can only imagine that most people who do also find the process unbelievably frustrating and pointless. 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Bt unable to provide broadband but still taking the money....

Go to solution

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here, once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.

Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help.

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them via their contact form
They will contact you personally by email or phone.

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
what exchange are you on?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution
Cheers John.

Chiseldon exchange (I believe)
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Speleoamphib,

Reading your post, I am really sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your order. I would like to take a look at the details of your complaint. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
your exchange is enabled for broadband up to 8Mb but no infinity (fibre services yet or planned )
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

John46 -  that fits with what I thought. Knew we would not get infinity but was expecting something...

PaddyB - details sent as requested

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Seraph
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
With regard to being charged for a service not received, then within BT's "Code of Practice" you have the right to "complain" and only pay them proportionally, whilst they investigate/rectify the problem
0 Ratings
Seraph
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
Add: nothing gets their attention faster than a customer withholding payment:-)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
nothing terminates service faster and gets you a bad credit rating either
0 Ratings