cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldgreygary
Contributor
Message 11 of 28

Re: Bt website update where's the broadband usage monitor

Yup, in the past I have always been able to access the monitor. That was on the 'old style' website.

If I follow the link then this message is being displayed:

'The usage monitor is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later.'

Just for clarification this is part of the new website and the message that comes up which asks you to make contact with them.

BtMessage2.jpg

I haven't changed anything. So, I must presume that the migration to the 'new' website has only partially worked?

I will see what response I get from the message I sent to BT. Will update when I get an answer. Thanks for all your replies.

Cheers for now

Gary

0 Ratings
TonyHL
Contributor
Message 12 of 28

Good to see I'm not alone with this new improved(!) My BT site.

I get the 'Extras' but it says I have no phone and no broadband.

0 Ratings
TonyHL
Contributor
Message 13 of 28

Hi

Logging onto My BT today and we seem to have gone back to the old style "My BT" so everything has reappeared where you'd expect it to be.

TonyHL

0 Ratings
oldgreygary
Contributor
Message 14 of 28

Interesting, having seen your post I went back and tried again and I still had the new site. But then I ran a 'cleaner' and then I was back to the old site. But still says the usage monitor is down. It certainly seems as though BT have some issues with their website. It's probably why the monitor is not getting updated as they are trying to get this 'new' website up and running. Will have to wait and see what happens.

Cheers for now

Gary

0 Ratings
oldgreygary
Contributor
Message 15 of 28

I had an email back from BT. This points me to another! place to contact BT to make a complaint! But, the new website which doesn't work specifically asks me to click on the link to resolve!!!

There is something very odd going on here. The problem seems to be erratic to say the least. I get the new website up which doesn't work. I can get the old website back by running ccleaner which I presume clears somehting from my browser (Firefox). When I get the old website back it still not working as it comes up with the 'undergoing maitenance' message. It does seem to be a bit of a mess, to say the least!

So, two simple questions which maybe BT or someone can answer:

1. Is the the new website supposed to be running and available to BT customers?

2. Why is the broadband usage monitor not available?

I will use the route given which I think is a 'complaints' area to see what response comes from there. I thought new technology was supposed to save time?!

Gary

0 Ratings
oldgreygary
Contributor
Message 16 of 28

Last update. I have received a response from sending my problem to the complaints section. Anyway, there seems to be a problem 'countrywide' with the broadband usage monitor. Apparently, the people who are looking at the problem have been requesting customer details who have been having a problem and mine has been forwarded to them. Hopefully, it will give them some clues as to what the problem is!

Cheers for now

Gary

0 Ratings
Brighton_Rock
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 28

@oldgreygary wrote:

Last update. I have received a response from sending my problem to the complaints section. Anyway, there seems to be a problem 'countrywide' with the broadband usage monitor. Apparently, the people who are looking at the problem have been requesting customer details who have been having a problem and mine has been forwarded to them. Hopefully, it will give them some clues as to what the problem is!

Cheers for now

Gary

Even for BT this is poor; don't they test?

When I log in to MYBT I get the 'new website'. It believes that I have no phone service nor any broadband service (how then am I a customer?). I too can find no links to the broadband monitor (which I could access from the 'old website'). Perhaps they will appear if the system recognises that I have broadband.

The one bright note was that my log-in triggered a customer survey asking my opinion of the new website; fortunately the survey form included a 'very dissatisfied' button.

Michael
0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 18 of 28

Hi Brighton_Rock,

You can view you Broadband Usage Monitor by clicking here

Also try these links to temporarily view the older version of My BT, I know link number 2 works but not sure if link number 1 will go to the new My BT or not.

1) https://www.bt.com/appsconsumeraccount/find.do?userLoginEventSuccess=true

2) https://www.bt.com/appsyouraccount/secure/cyahub.do

Hope that helps,

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
oldgreygary
Contributor
Message 19 of 28

Your link numbered 2, works. I also have found that to get 'rid' of the 'new' website I ran ccleaner. Presumably, there is a 'cookie' or something like that which the new website brings in.

Anyway, I'll use that link as it seems ok. I must admit I don't undertsnad why there are so many different links to get to the usage monitor. It really does make you wonder how secure the BT website is?

With regards to Brightom_Rock's point about testing. I use to work in software development and worked with software testers who didn't let us get away with anything until it was pretty much solid. I would be interested to see the 'test plans' for the new website!

Cheers for now

Gary

0 Ratings
Brighton_Rock
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 28

@oldgreygary wrote:

Your link numbered 2, works. I also have found that to get 'rid' of the 'new' website I ran ccleaner. Presumably, there is a 'cookie' or something like that which the new website brings in. <snip>

It looks a bit random as to which website one gets and it doesn't seem to be cookies. I clear cookies whenever Firefox closes and, with a clean system, I can get either the old or new starting with the same URL; equally going back to have another go with a system contaminated with BT cookies again I can end up at either website.

But thanks to jac_95 for those links.

The wider point is, of course, that the 'new website' doesn't work and shouldn't have been allowed to go live.

Michael
0 Ratings