Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldgreygary
Contributor
Message 21 of 28

Re: Bt website update where's the broadband usage monitor

@Brighton_Rock wrote:

The wider point is, of course, that the 'new website' doesn't work and shouldn't have been allowed to go live.

I couldn't agree with you more on this point. I don't remember being alerted by BT about a new website. A lot of organisations have an initial release and let users decide if they want to use it or not. Any feedback can then be taken into account before releasing it fully. I did say when they asked for my response that it did throw doubts into my mind about the security of the BT site?

Gary

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 22 of 28

@jac_95 wrote:

Hi Brighton_Rock,

Also try these links to temporarily view the older version of My BT, I know link number 2 works but not sure if link number 1 will go to the new My BT

Hope that helps,

Cheers

It's odd that it works here, and I didn't need to use your links. There was no prior notice given.

Two days ago I had the old website displaying, as I wanted to look at usage, but there was a survey pop-up "what do you think of our new website?".

Needless to say the pop-up is there again today (note time of this post), and will probably continue to appear for some time to come.

Is the new website being phased in?

It seems to work ok however. It's just a case of adapting to something new.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 28

I have asked the mods to check about the new website as some people see it then don't and some don't see it at all.  it was being trialled and I thought still was but waiting on mod reply

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Thespen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 28

The new site back up for me and its still show my details wrong, how can BT push out this garbage?

I use

http://bt.com/broadbandusagemonitor

to get to the useage monitor.

I'll wipe my cashe and stuff later and hope it goes back to the old site again, worked last time.

0 Ratings
Brighton_Rock
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 28

@Thespen wrote:

The new site back up for me and its still show my details wrong, how can BT push out this garbage? <snip>

I got through all of Thursday without triggering the new site but it is back today (Friday 25 January). It is still showing me as having no phone or broadband service which (I assume) is why I can't reach the usage monitor from there.

I think it is unfortunate that this thread has been moved away from where it was started and where other discussion of the usage monitor continues.

Michael
0 Ratings
Kendoo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 28

Frustratingly, I have only just discovered that the new enhanced monitor appears to be up-to-date while the old one has still not refreshed for two days. I wonder how many other posters know that there are two versions and the website change may have broken the old monitor. Awkward.

At least I now have conclusive proof that it is not workmanlike.
0 Ratings
Brighton_Rock
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 28

@imjolly wrote:

I have asked the mods to check about the new website as some people see it then don't and some don't see it at all.  it was being trialled and I thought still was but waiting on mod reply

The new website is still appearing from time to time, and still showing (for me) no phone and no broadband. Any news Mods?

Michael
0 Ratings
Brighton_Rock
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 28

I now only get the new page and never the old one. And the new one, of course, is still faulty showing me as having neither phone nor broadband.

Apart from saying something about BT's abilities as a communications company does this matter? Only to the extent that I cannot access the broadband usage monitor by this route (I suspect there would be a link if the new system accepted that I have broadband). Fortunately there are other routes to the usage monitor - Andy's links currently work for me - but that really isn't the point as I shouldn't have to work around basic faults in the MyBT portal.

Michael
0 Ratings