cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy808
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Bullying emails/letter re: paying for service that was NEVER taken up!

Go to solution

On the 8th of Jan 2019 I took out a BT broadband package

On the 12th of Jan 2019 I rang up and spoke to "Jack" to cancel as Virgin Media (the exisiting provider) offered a better deal. Virgin Media said they would contact Bt anyway, but I decided to call BT to confirm. All seemed fine.

Then I recieved a letter in April for a final bill of £83.20 for a service that I never took up. I called BT customer service who assured me that they would launch an investigation and let me know the outcome. No further contact.

Then, an email dated 17th May demanding again the £83.20, from Nick Lane, Customer Care director which did not acknowledge the phonecall I had made.

The email contains a messsage threatening to pass on to debt collection.

Please can you respond to this post and resolve as soon as possible. I am more than happy to pass this on to Guardian Money to look into further as its clear that communication at BT is poor - people should not have to put up with this standard of communication.

Andy 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bullying emails/letter re: paying for service that was NEVER taken up!

Go to solution

this is a community forum and your post does not go to BT

however I have asked a forum mod ,a BT employee, to see if they can help  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bullying emails/letter re: paying for service that was NEVER taken up!

Go to solution

Hi @Andy808  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'm sorry that you have been charged when services were never set up and that this was not resolved when you contacted previously. I'll be happy to help resolve this for you. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

0 Ratings