cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Business and residential account- please help!

Hey everyone!

hope this is not a long one, this is an issue that it’s causing me so much anxiety  😕

so earlier this year I was sent a letter about me changing to BT business (bare in mind I have no business) and thanking me etc. I ignored because I clearly thought it was a scam as I had received 2 previous scam letters. A week later I have a new Bt business hub parcel at my door. I instantly called them to let them know it was a mistake and they said there was a request of it. I live on my own, that’s just impossible. I asked for them to cancel and they said they were gonna try since I called too late for it. They said it would take about 24 hours so they asked me to wait. I decided to call Bt business directly to solve it and I explained that I didn’t request it at all so they said they’d start an investigation. The caller I was on the phone to then mentioned that they could cancel but actually moving to BT business would be cheaper for me at £29.99. Due to that cheap price, I just decided to leave it, recycled my previous hub and carried on. A week ago I receive a notification of a new bill coming out of my direct debit at £55.99 for halo 1 super fast fibre (the previous hub I had for residential account!). Then a few days later I receive a bill letter apparently from BT business at an amount of £59.02 that apparently is already outstanding. I thought it was a scam as I checked the phone and google always claimed it as ‘dangerous’ and scam. I called BT business again and apparently that amount is legit. I told everything to the caller and even the caller was confused cause you can’t have both a residential and business account at the same time and even the business monthly amount was incorrect! I literally just paid o a residential direct debit while having a business hub! They said they would investigate and  and gave me an enquiry number as a reference for later contact and in the meantime carry on as normal as I wouldn’t be charged till this was sorted. 

I have no idea what to do, has anyone had a similar issue? I’m really stressed cause I was hit by this pandemic crisis like most of us did  and i cannot deal with this!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Business and residential account- please help!

So from reading your post you appear to currently be a bt business user and have bt business looking into your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 4

The best place for you to bring this up is the business forum.

https://business.forums.bt.com/ 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 4

@Cat_Pereira9 You can have both a BT Business account and a Residential account, I did, Business for Web space and Residential for everything else. The Business help line is no better than the Residential help line. I had nothing but trouble cancelling the Business account, even though they are actually trying to get rid of small fry like me. You really need to find out how this all started and keep a note of every email and conversation, particularly dates. Ask who ordered it originally and when. Sorry, can't be more help.

0 Ratings