Beginner
Cyburg

CALLS RESTRICTED

I am unable to make any calls from my house because I was two weeks late paying a bill for the paltry sum of £21!!

I need to make calls today to pay other bills, but I am unable to. I cant even speak to someone in BT customer services which is utterly ridiculous!!

Why does it take up to 48 hrs to restore service, your annoying automated telephone service which is restricting the calls made from my landline is aware that I have paid the balance, so why can't your other systems get access to this information and immediately restore access?!

I bet I wouldn't have these problems if I had my line rentals and calls with Sky. If I am still unable to use my telephone this afternoon, I will be cancelling all of my BT services and moving over to Sky.

You have probably lost a customer for the sake of waiting for two weeks for £21, that's smart (not). Get your act together BT, you could have just sent me a paper bill or an email to remind me to pay before restricting the line; how stupid.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: CALLS RESTRICTED

Welcome to this forum. This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT.

If you need to contact BT, you can use Live Chat 

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Guru
toekneem

Cyburg wrote:

I bet I wouldn't have these problems if I had my line rentals and calls with Sky. If I am still unable to use my telephone this afternoon, I will be cancelling all of my BT services and moving over to Sky.

You have probably lost a customer for the sake of waiting for two weeks for £21, that's smart (not). Get your act together BT, you could have just sent me a paper bill or an email to remind me to pay before restricting the line; how stupid.

Your certainly right there, the problem would be Sky's and I can assure you Rupert Murdoch wouldn't wait for his money either, not with all the money he is having to pay out in costs:smileyvery-happy:

toekneem
http://www.no2nuisancecalls.net

(EASBF)

Guru
Webby

If your employer paid you, lets say 20% less said to you that you'd have to wait another 2 weeks to get the rest of your wage, would you be happy? I doubt it.

The rules are simple. Pay your bill and your services won't be affected. If you are going to have difficulties making a payment, you can call BT and request for your credit schedule to be modified for a couple of weeks so that no restrictions would be applied.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

You have similar answers on both your duplicate threads. Happy now?

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Beginner
Cyburg

Anyone interested (there seems to be a few of you sad enough to be interested), please follow my other thread here: http://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Call-Packages/Calls-restricted-for-up-to-48-hrs-after-bill-payment/...

Guru
toekneem

I wouldn't bother, thats been locked:smileyvery-happy:

toekneem
http://www.no2nuisancecalls.net

(EASBF)

neech1

I am not angry, just disappointed. I have just had a similar calls restricted message. I have just paid the bill by credit card.

having had a bad experience with BT in the past, I do not want a direct debit.

I did receive an auto message, I guess from BT - all the voice said was if you are responsible for this number, etc. But the caller was not easily identfiable as a 'real' message.

In these days of frequent/ almost daily fraudulent calls ( such as I am here to help you) , an email or a phone call identifying the caller, and stating the bill needs to be paid would be sensible, and would match the terms of every commercial company that values its customers.

BT does not seem able to shake off its monopolistic history..