cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
646wilson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

CHANGING DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT AMOUNT IN MY BT

Hello, I have just checked my latest bill for phone and broadband and I am now £114.12 in credit. BT are taking £53.50 per month from my bank when my total bill for 3 months is only £93.72. I used to be possible to alter direct debit payments within My BT but this facility seems to have been removed. If BT continue to take £53.50 each month, then when my next bill is due in three months I will be in credit by over £150. I thought BT monitored monthly payments and adjusted dierct debit payments so as to ensure large credits do not build up. I am very angry that this situation is continuing and that payments taken by BT are over £20 per month more than required. Can any one please advise me how to get my direct debit payments payments lowered .

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: CHANGING DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT AMOUNT IN MY BT

Hi

I am sorry to see you are having problems

I suggest you contact live chat at this link they should be able to help you

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: CHANGING DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT AMOUNT IN MY BT

As john says, Live Chat is the best place to start if you want to adjust your monthly payments under the Monthly Payment Plan. A better option still would be to change to monthly billing, which would mean settling in full month by month with only one month's advance charges included. The MPP is bascially unfit for purpose - you might get it back on track but it will eventually go wrong again. No such problems with monthly billing, the only disadvantages being that any one-off charges have to be settled in one go rather than be spread over several months and that you cannot amend your direct debit date, which becomes fixed at 8 days after your bill.

If you switch to monthly billing while your account is in credit the surplus will be taken into account each month until it it used up, which according to your figures would give you nothing to pay for several months.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.