cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

COMPLAINT - Moving Home Order

I am trying to complain about the very poor service and basically ineptitude that I am sufering following a house move.

My services were cut off 4 days early and now my 'order' has been cancelled at least twice internally resulting in my activation date being put back circa 10 days.  I am also now being charged an activation fee of £130 which I was told would not apply as an existing customer - I've been given an 18 month contract when I was assurd no minimum contract terms, been placed in the Directory when applied for Ex-Directory and to top it all. I have now been told that I cannot have my old number any longer, one assumes as this has been given to someone else in the interim.

I have spent several hours on the telephone to India, been promoised numurous call backs that simply do not come.  The operators refuse to put me through to a supervisor or put me through to the UK.  When I ask to speak with the complaints department they tell me they are the complaints department.  If you ring customer services to complain, they put you through to the same team.  Noone will take responsibility for the problem.  Noone will accept my complaint and it is impossible to contact BT in any satisfactory medium so I have resulted to this.

Please Moderators, pick up my complaint and deal with it.  I am still awaiting a call back that I was promised between 9 and 10 am on Tuesday 16th June.  Surely someone can restore my faith and contact me quicker than that!!

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: COMPLAINT - Moving Home Order

Moderator advised
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Hi JRH,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry you're having so many problems with the order. I can appreciate how frustrating this is, especially with such as stressfull time as a home move. I'll be happy to lend a hand and get this sorted for you. Can you please send over your details? You'll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
macker758
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Sorry to hear of the problems you're having but Yep, sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing right at this moment. How can they expect customers to remain with them if they treat us like this, just glad that they're not in charge of public transportation. They will promise to give you updates, but you will soon discover that they are false promises. Be prepared to be totally ignored and left in dark. Sorry I can't give you any good news
0 Ratings
Highlighted
JRH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Thanks for your input - the moderator has been in touch
0 Ratings
JRH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

I thought I was making a little progress.  I have received a call from Orders saying that my services would be activated n the 6th July and the orignal engineers appointment of the 6th July would be honoured although it would not be my previous telephone number.

I have subsequently received a text (mmm communication at last and multiple at that!) however this states that the phone will be activiated on the 6th but that Infinity will be installed on the 15th and that a further engineers visit is booked (not that this has been discussed with or agreed with me) - because obviously it would be far too simple to complete the process in one visit and create the minimum amount of inconvenience.

Progress?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

@ JRH just wait mods to contact you personally they will take personal ownership until fully resolved
0 Ratings
JRH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

@john46 thanks for your input

0 Ratings
JRH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

@DavidM

Please contact me via telephone from this point forward as will be away from work and obviously have no internet at home.

0 Ratings
JRH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

OK - so 7 days on and still no response.  I appreciate that I have been told to let the Moderators deal with it but I sent my details to the moderator on the morning of 1st July and have heard nothing since.  This is simply typical of the service that I have received to date.  So much for taking personal responsibility of the issue!!

0 Ratings