cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Eitch
Message 1 of 28

COST OF CALL DIVERTS - PLEASE READ... BT increase their prices without notification to the customer

I moved into a new house and setup my phone line, broadband, call package and call divert 3yrs ago.

I was told at the time that the cost to divert calls to a mobile was £0.10p connection fee then £0.06 per minute thereafter.

Three years on, i call BT to upgrade to Infinity and am informed of all the costs.

I querry what i am paying at the moment and am told that the prices increased some time ago.

My predicament:

I agreed to a package 3yrs ago but am charged more because of increases that I AM NOT MADE AWARE OF...

I am told by BT that i should have been notified of the changes, but i wasnt. I was also told that the changes in pricing structures are on the bill. 

They are, all but the connection fee and the cost per minute when diverting calls! (Particularly to Mobiles)

I am also told that because this is a monthly rental and i can cancel at any time i wish to do so, and I cannot make a complaint! and that if i needed to work out the costs, i could individually go through the call divert charges and work them out.

Generally , i am happy with BT and reccommend them alot. I've even ordered the Infinity - However, my intention is to calculate the difference per call (on divert) over the last three years and make a small claims court application to recover the difference in costs, as i have not been informed.

Try looking on the BT website for the call package for call diversion; easy enough, its there in black and white! but when you look for the actual costs to divert to a mobile (connection fee and cost per minute)... well good luck.

THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS:

BT should contact customers and alert them to any changes in the pricing structure. Not just line rental increases but EVERYTHING.

Is this too much to ask!

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Eitch
Message 2 of 28

Re: COST OF CALL DIVERTS - PLEASE READ... BT increase their prices without notification to the custo

PS: when posting, I cannot add the Tag ' small claims court'
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 28

Re: COST OF CALL DIVERTS - PLEASE READ... BT increase their prices without notification to the custo

If you receive your bills through the post then BT will have sent you a brochure outlining any changes to the charges but would have referred you to the full t & c on the web page.
0 Ratings
Eitch
Message 4 of 28

Do you work for BT?

If items are highleted like a change to the line rental cost, Why would the Cost to divert not be mentioned!?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 28

No I don't work for BT. I am a customer of BT just like yourself. I come to this forum to help other BT customers.
0 Ratings
Eitch
Message 6 of 28

ok fair enough...

If items are highleted like a change to the line rental cost, Why would the Cost to divert not be mentioned!?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 28

Normally any changes are highlighted. You used to get a booklet in with your bill.
But in reality, do you really think that the call divert cost would not have increased in three years?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 28

If you had not renewed your contract in 3 years then any discount which you received at outset would have terminated and you would have gone on to a rolling monthly contract and standard monthly cost which is normally significantly higher than initial cost

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Eitch
Message 9 of 28

If i am told its one price and without notification find that changes have been applied...

If i rented a house, would i assume that the rent would increase? without being notified...

More example's:

The Big 6 energy companies let you know of increases, Likewise do the likes of Car Tax, Interest rates, mortgage companies, health care; Even EE

So, In reality, Why would i?

0 Ratings
Eitch
Message 10 of 28

MR. Jolly, 

yes you are correct but still, the price increase should have been specified.

0 Ratings