Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

CSV Format download missing from September 2019 New Style Bill

Go to solution

Received my New Style Bill on 26 September 2019 and find that I cannot download my bill in CSV format. Speaking to BT, the operators are not knowledgeable about CSV files.

I have asked for it to be investigated and I'm told a reply should be available by 9th October so we'll see in 6 days if it’s been corrected.

The other problem is that the layout has changed, it used to be

It Was:-  Installation Number,  Call Type,  Date,  Time,  Number/Name,  Destination, Duration,  Cost

Now:-      Date,  Time,  Number,  Call Type/Country,  Duration,  Cost

So if you're using a spreadsheet like Excel to track all you calls and you might find cell content rather confusing. To obtain the info you need copy the itemised detail from the web page, paint into your spreadsheet, it all lands in one column, now drag each item to the appropriate column. This could take hours unless you want to create a macro to do it. 

EE used to have the same problem but at least copy and paste works cottectly.

Regards

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: CSV Format download missing from September 2019 New Style Bill

Go to solution

Further to my post on 03/10/19, BT failed to contact me and on contacting them I discover that my complaint has been put back to tomorrow, some time between 6 and 7pm..

So we wait again.

Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Bt contacted me to advise me that the CSV file download will no longer be available to private customer. I asked if it was available to business, he didn't know.

I asked if it was possible that the web bill be so it could be cut and pasted, the answer was no it would appear that there is no demand for this, their survey says that the PDF file download is sufficient.

I consider this to be a reduction in my service along with an increase in Charges.

I pointed out that EE have a billing system that provides a PDF file download and it is also possible to cut and past their itemised wed bill directly into Excel, and as a BT owned company surly BT new bill format could be duplicated. No BT has surveyed their customers and the new bill layout is what they want. Well they didn't ask me and I'm not happy.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I received my new style bill yesterday. As usual I downloaded the pdf copy and then went looking for where I could down load the csv file. When I couldn't find it I contacted BT and after the usual long late (when are the lines not busy?) I was connected to James in Exeter. Later he texted me with the following:

"The csv format is no longer offered as a format. You can download a format converter if you do a Google search for that".

I'm not sure what he means by this!

As previously noted cut and paste from Usage to Excel doesn't work. 

I printed the usage to a pdf file (in Chrome) and tried to then open with Excel. However, this produced gobbledegook.

I then used a program called PDFSam (paid for) to open the pdf. The program has a convert to Excel option. This worked reasonably well but still required some editing to tidy up.

BT really need to reinstate the export to csv from MyBT. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Further to my previous post. I opened the pdf in Adobe Acrobat Reader and was able to cut and paste the data into Excel. Again, though, some editing is required to make usable as all info is in one column and no headings. In Excel I used Data - Convert - Text to Columns.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Returning to the lack of a CSV file and copy and pasting of the itemised bill into a spreadsheet produces a single column.

Having now researched the problem I have a Macro to add to a spreadsheet which converts the single column into the required number of columns usually six for the landline calls, and five for mobile calls and texts, and only three for data usage.  I use it as to create a CSV file.

I do this so I'am unlikely to make a mistake with my working spreadsheet.

Installing the Macro

I’m Using Excel Mac so things might be a little different if your using something else. Open a blank spreadsheet and make Four pages, then open Visual Basic, in the project panel there should be, Four files, Called Sheet 1, Sheet 2, Sheet 3, & Sheet 4. Double click Sheet 1 and a blank sheet will open in the right panel called sheet 1 (Code), Now copy the macro 1 into it, then do the same with sheet 2 with macro 2, and again in sheet 3 with macro 2,  and again in sheet 4 with Macro 3. Make sure you get all this correct.

Adding the Data (Landline Calls)

Open your BT account on the web it won’t work from a PDF, and get to your current bill and copy the itemised items for the Landline calls making sure you don’t copy the headings, now paste it into sheet 1 of your spreadsheet at Column “A” Row 2.( DON’T use Row 1 ). you now have all your landline calls in Column A Row 2.

Run the Macro, in my case it’s in tools at the bottom of the list, select Sheet 1 from the list and select Run, in a few seconds, depending on the speed computer, your itemised bill will appear in six columns.  If you don’t get that, oops you made a mistake.

Do the same thing for your Mobile calls into sheet 2 it works the same way except you will select Sheet 2 from the macro list before selecting Run. This time there will only be five columns.

Do the same with the Mobile Texts into sheet 3 using Macro 2 again.

Do the same with the Mobile Data into sheet 4 using Macro 3

Macro 1

This will convert a single Column into Six Columns use it for Landline Call  

———————————————————————————

Sub Move_Rows()

'

' Move_Rows Macro

' Use this for Calls from a Landline

' Moves single row data into 6 separate columns

'

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

i = 2 'Initial row number

Do While Cells(i, "A") <> ""

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 5, "A")).Select ' This is the heading

Selection.Copy

Cells(i - 1, "A").Select

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _

False, Transpose:=True

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 4, "A")).Select ' 4 will make 6 Columns

Application.CutCopyMode = False

Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp

i = i + 1

Loop

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

————————————————————————————————

Macro 2

This will convert a single Column into Five Columns use it for Mobile Calls & Texts

——————————————————————————

Sub Move_Rows()

'

' Move_Rows Macro

' Use this with Mobile Calls & Texts

' Moves single row data into 5 separate columns

'

i = 2 'Initial row number

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 4, "A")).Select

Selection.Copy

Cells(i - 1, "A").Select

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 3, "A")).Select ' 3 will make 5 Columns

i = i + 1

Loop

End Sub

———————————————————————————————

Macro 3

This will convert a single Column into Three Columns use it for Mobile Data Usage.

Sub Move_Rows()

'

' Move_Rows Macro

' Moves single row data into 3 separate columns

'

i = 2 ' Initial row number

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 2, "A")).Select

Selection.Copy

Cells(i - 1, "A").Select

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 1, "A")).Select ' 1 will make 3 Columns

i = i + 1

Loop

End Sub

Now I know this all works because my BT bill changed in October 2019 and I just left the data in a single column for Oct, Nov & Dec. Now I’ve used the macro and my 2019 spreadsheet is complete.

Good luck to all who use this and here is where i got the macro in the first space.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33659029/move-rows-of-data-to-columns-then-delete-the-rows

2 Answer Edited Nov 11 ’15 by   KingOfTheNerds

Regards.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Sorry about the errors in the above Post 14-2-2020

Paragraph two should read

Having now researched the problem I have a Macro to add to a spreadsheet which converts the single column into the required number of columns usually six for the landline and mobile calls. Five for texts, and only three for data usage.  I use it to convert the single column BT give us.

Installing the Macro

I’m Using Excel Mac so things might be a little different if your using something else. Open a blank spreadsheet and make Four pages, now open Visual Basic, in the project panel there should be, Four files, Called Sheet 1, Sheet 2, Sheet 3, & Sheet 4. Double click Sheet 1 and a blank sheet will open in the right panel called Sheet 1 (Code), Now copy and paste Macro 1  into it, then do the same with Sheet 2 with Macro 1 again, and again in Sheet 3 with Macro 2,  and again in Sheet 4 with Macro 3. Make sure you get all this correct.

Do the same thing for your Mobile calls into Sheet 2 it works the same way except you will select Sheet 2 from the Macro list before selecting Run. Once again there will be Six columns.

Do the same with the Mobile Texts into Sheet 3 using Macro 2.———————————————————————————

Macro 1

This will convert a single Column into Six Columns use it for Landline & Mobile Calls.

———————————————————————————

Sub Move_Rows()

'

' Move_Rows Macro

' Use this for Calls from a Landline and Mobiles

' Moves single row data into 6 separate columns

'

i = 2 ' Initial row number

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 5, "A")).Select ' This is the heading

Selection.Copy

Cells(i - 1, "A").Select

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 4, "A")).Select ' 4 will make 6 Columns

i = i + 1

Loop

End Sub

————————————————————————————————

Macro 2

This will convert a single Column into Five Columns use it for Mobile Texts.

——————————————————————————

Sub Move_Rows()

'

' Move_Rows Macro

' Use this with Mobile Texts

' Moves single row data into 5 separate columns

'

i = 2 ' Initial row number

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 4, "A")).Select

Selection.Copy

Cells(i - 1, "A").Select

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 3, "A")).Select ' 3 will make 5 Columns

i = i + 1

Loop

End Sub

Saving 

In Excel you cannot save multiple sheets as CSV you have to use the standard format, and for the Mac its .xlsx. However if you want a CSV File just put everything on one page but you will have to change   i = 2 ' Initial row number for each Macro to whatever Row No. you put the BT single column. 

Or you can have Four separate files called Landline Calls.csv, Mobile Calls.csv, Mobile text.csv and Mobile Data.csv. Make them Templates and you won’t need to save the Macros with every file. 

I’m sure someone will be able to rework this so you select the start line as part of the Macro.

I hope I’ve corrected all the errors so give it a go and let me know how you get on.

Regards

0 Ratings