chrissiegibson

Call Divert

I am disappointed in the Call Divert service.

I have it set up to divert to my mobile if the phone is not answered or busy.

It takes a long time for the call to be put through and in the meantime there is an annoying message which is repeated three times. It does not sound at all professional.

I used to be with Virgin and their divert system was much slicker.

I would like to get rid of the annoying message - any chance?

Why does it take longer than Virgin?

PS the Infinity Broadband is a lot quicker which is why we changed.

Sage
john46

Re: Call Divert

the delay depends on the setting this link may help http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7684/~/how-do-i-divert-calls-from-my-phone%3F
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
chrissiegibson

Hello John,

The system works well when the BT phone is engaged - it goes straight through.

However if the phone is unanswered, there is a delay whilst the call is being put through and the message "this call is being diverted" is repeated 3 times. It sounds so anonymous. I'm not sure why it cannot be as quick (after the 15 seconds) as the process for when it is engaged.

Any ideas?

Sage
john46

The announcement is there to prevent a caller hanging up while giving the person receiving the call answers the call if at home and the service on divert
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’