cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cameron13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Call Protect Feature Not Available on BT Fibre Direct to Home on Fibre Plus Package.

Hi everyone,  my home uses Fibre direct to the house,  this supplies both the landline and Net serice.   I have no complaints with the internet speed,  I am on BT's Fibre Plus package,  though in reality I see no difference in browsing speeds since upgrading several months ago,  as it depends how fast the other party your connected to is,  in fact I regret upgrading as in real world use its not worth the extra cost.

In recent months we have been getting lots of nuisance calls on our landline,  so I tried to activate the Call Protect features on the landline in order to block the nuisance calls.  However I found I was unable to do this,   after speaking to a customer support manager he informed me that the Call Protect feature is Not Compatible where the landline is supplied by Fibre and not the usual copper wired line to the house.

So basically I cannot use any Call Protect features at all,   I mentioned that we use the landline very little  as we use  the mobile phones for all calls so BT suggested I simply unplugged the landline....lol...true.  So I'm paying for a landline which is a total nuisance, and the irony is I don't need it or want it, but I'm still expected to pay nearly £20 a month for it.    In view of the fact that BT fibre supplied land lines are not compatible with Call Protect options in 'MY BT' to quote BT manager..... and because I dont need it.... then I should not have to pay for it.

The powers that be,  State that as part of BT's terms and Conditions a Landline Must be installed and payed for even though its not fit for the purpose,  even though a couple providers are starting to offer fibre net services without the need to pay for a landline.

So has anyone else had issues activating the Call Protect Feature when using Fibre Only supplied landline ?  as I find it hard to believe that BT have a major software compatability issue where Fibre Only is supplied to the home.

Why do I need to pay for something and then leaving it unplugged as suggested by BT managment.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
cameron13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Call Protect Feature Not Available on BT Fibre Direct to Home on Fibre Plus Package.

In fairness I should add that BT credited me with a one off 20.00 for the hassle I'm getting with the nuisance calls.... which made me feel a bit better, but does'nt resolve the problem.
0 Ratings