Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner
Accepted Solution

Call Protect Problem

Hi,

Ordered Call protect with email confirming "all done" within minutes of order. So far so good.

When on the correct page (Managing Call protect) all looks good but NOTHING works. When I try to add numbers it just comes back with RED warning “Please enter a valid phone number."

When requesting View received calls it just goings into buffering and nothing happens, same for Manage,  into revolving circle for ever.

Tried live chat to fix, ending with chatting to Sean, (BT) nice guy but could not help.

Have read all the instructions supplied by BT on HOW it should work but can find nothing on how to fix this problem when it appears the actual BT software seems not to work.  

Anyone have same problem and can solve this?

Re: Call Protect Problem

Hi @Nigel61 and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the Call Protect. Can you take a look at BT Call Protect - 'How to...' guide and let me know if that helps. If you're still having problems please post a few screen shots of the issue you're seeing (remember to remove any personal details) and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

DavidM | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You

Exciting News from BT Mobile. The new Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+ are available on BT Mobile. Please see here for more info, BT Mobile: Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+

Beginner

David,

Thanks fop reply. I have studied all the "how to" on call protect but to no avail.

Screen shots as below. The buffering just goes on for ever and have to back out to get rid of it.

Trust this helps.

Regards  Nigel

image001.pngimage003.pngimage005.png

Thanks for getting back @Nigel61.

We'll need to take a closer look at this for you so please drop me over an email with the details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

DavidM | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You

Exciting News from BT Mobile. The new Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+ are available on BT Mobile. Please see here for more info, BT Mobile: Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+

Beginner

[ Edited ]

Thanks, contact details on there way.  

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say that this is now resolved. The problem appears to be with the web browser.

NeilO | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Try a Search

Aspiring Contributor

[ Edited ]

This still needs fixed though. I had the same problem. I use the Ghostery plugin on Safari on macOS and when enabled no black list numbers appear. I had to allow the beacon "Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager" to get the black list to load.