cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshclem
Message 1 of 6

Called to upgrade to BT INFINITY,no phone or internet ever since

Last week I called to upgrade to BT infinity. A UK call centre answered within 60 seconds. 

Yesterday was the date the upgrade was supposed to complete, "my internet should be down for a maximum of 30 minuites" 

4 hours later, I spend an hour on the phone to an Indian call centre, who tell me "sorry, this can take up till midnight, call back then" 

24 hours later, i still have no phone and no internet, i run a business from home and have already missed calls from 15-20 customers, i do not even have a dial tone.

When I call India they tell me to unplug and replug my phone, which is in the same position it has always been. What on earth am I supposed to do?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Called to upgrade to BT INFINITY,no phone or internet ever since

If you are running a business you should post on the business forum. This forum is for residential customers.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings
joshclem
Message 3 of 6

i run a business from my home office.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@joshclem wrote:

i run a business from my home office.

That is forbidden in the BT Residential Terms and Conditions.

"The services and equipment we provide to you under these terms are for personal non-business use."

You must use a BT Business service for that, which gives a fast repair time, and improved compensation arrangements.

0 Ratings
joshclem
Message 5 of 6

ok i will contact them and see if they can be any more use to me if i switch to a business line. though not sure how long my office will be here. thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@joshclem wrote:

ok i will contact them and see if they can be any more use to me if i switch to a business line. though not sure how long my office will be here. thanks

If you have to move, then you should be able to transfer your service.

BT business is a bit more expensive, but you do get a proper e-mail service, and other business services like website hosting and your own domain.

Its also looks more professional to any existing or new customers.

There are different repair SLAs (Service Level Agreement) which you can select, depending on how critical your business is, especially if you rely on it for income.

0 Ratings