Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bassplayer
Beginner
Message 151 of 160

Re: Caller Display Charge from Jan 2014

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"

...is there a brown star I can click on for using emergency services, abused children etc to back up your view that it's Ok for BT to make profit out of nuisance calls? How many elderly, disabled, infirm people suffer from having to deal with nuisance calls every day? Anyone would think you work for BT or something...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 152 of 160

@Bassplayer wrote:
"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"

...is there a brown star I can click on for using emergency services, abused children etc to back up your view that it's Ok for BT to make profit out of nuisance calls? How many elderly, disabled, infirm people suffer from having to deal with nuisance calls every day? Anyone would think you work for BT or something...

I was not using it to back up an argument for BT charging for caller display, I was trying to explain to you in reply to your statement about "Why would any legitimate caller withhold their number?"  but you have apparently forgotten you asked that question!

Perhaps you should check out how to get it for free rather than spouting a load of rubbish about elderly disabled or infirm people suffering from nuisance calls as though they are being victimised by BT. To save you having to do that I'll point you in the right direction.

http://home.bt.com/news/btlife/get-bt-privacy-with-caller-display-free-11363844996657

and for your information I do not/have never worked for BT

0 Ratings
Bassplayer
Beginner
Message 153 of 160

My 95 year old mother receives a number of nuisance calls each day. They cause her a great deal of stress. She has been a loyal customer of BT's since I can remember. I doubt many elderly like my mother are aware of this 'kind' offer from BT.

So do you think BT are taking advantage of nuisance calls to make profit? Yes or no? You don't seem keen to give an opinion on this. I'll give you a clue, does the BT6500 phone ring any bells? (pun intended).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 154 of 160

I wasn't asked for an opinion before now so I fail to see how you came to the conclusion that I don't seem keen to give an opinion on it, but to avoid any doubt yes I do think it is wrong to charge for it.

As for the BT6500, I haven't a clue what you are going on about. If you think it is so that BT can sell these phones I have no idea, but it is not necessary to buy these phones as any phone that has an LED display will do the same job and as I have already shown you, you can get caller display for free.

Bassplayer
Beginner
Message 155 of 160

I'm glad we agree on something. Ever thought of working for BT customer service?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 156 of 160

No I would not like to work for BT customer service, I think the heat in India would be too much for me. Smiley Wink

gspearson
Expert
Message 157 of 160

I have been ex-directory for 40 years and number withheld ever since CLI came in.  I don't get nuisance calls, salespeople, surveys or anything like that.  I don't give people my number unless I want them to call me and I release my number to people who I want to call me back.   What is the advantage of letting every doble glazing salesman call you up in the middle of the night? 

tedc
Message 158 of 160

IF YOU ARE GOING TO RENEW WITH BT - DONT!

Not sure how up to date, but I have just tried to renew my services with BT as of 02/07/2014. my last contract tied me into a 15/16 month period which expires 20/08/2014.

I was given the renewal details which alerted me to errors from BT, Half way through last year (August 2013) BT Broadband customers were given free BT Sports, however they then added a £3.00 HD charge to my monthly bill when I did not have an HD TV set. Also as you mentioned, apparent on my monthly bill was another charge for Privacy Services / Caller Display charge of £1.75 which started in January 2014. They said I had accepted it when it was part of some free services therefore they assumed I had caller display and charged me for it. I spent over 2 hours on the phone, once with a very bad accented male who offered and me a 2 month rebate of £3.50 saying that's only what he was allowed to give. My last contact bounced back and fourth between me and his manager, many minutes on hold, and pleasantry told me he could offer nothing accept to cancel caller from today (02/07/2014).

Feeling rather annoyed I logged onto the Internet and signed up with PLUSNET a month earlier and than my contract with BT finishes. It has saved me quite a lot of money and would recommend everyone to shop around especially using QUIDCO cash back site. DISGRUNTLED Smiley Mad Ted Charlton

0 Ratings
tedc
Message 159 of 160

Re: Price Rises and Caller Display

YOU HAVE SAID IT LOUD AND CLEAR, THATS FOR ME tED c.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 160 of 160

Re: Price Rises and Caller Display

all the changes in charges were well publicised but appears you missed it

enjoy plusnet many do - it is afterall owned by BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings