cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 10 of 160

BT Answer 1571

Do we need to cancel the above to escape the new charge of £1.75 per month from 4th January 2014? When do we need to cancel to ensure the service continues until the service is chargeable? How do we cancel?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 160

Re: BT Answer 1571

you can cancel when you want and you can do it on line as you can with any add on
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 160

Re: Price Rises and Caller Display

You'll have to ask somebody at BT.  Try Customer Options on 0800 800 030.

0 Ratings
FrankMill
Message 13 of 160

Re: BT Answer 1571

Good, so I can cancel on line.  Fine.  But I can get free privacy and caller i/d if I sign up for a new 12-month line rental contract.  Will that contract be on the same terms as at present?  No information whatsoever is given about the terms of the new contract, yet I'm expected to pre-register for it!  This is cery spooky, since when does BT expect us to sign up for a complete information void?

Message 14 of 160

Re: BT Privacy and Caller Display.

I agree and why do we have to pre-register? The free 12 month 'deal' also only appears to be available to those who currently subscribe to Privacy with Caller display on a free of charge basis. It's all extremely bizarre. The BT Premier League deal has a lot to answer for.
If it wasn't for BT excellent Wi-fi coverage, I would have sought a transfer to Sky ages ago!
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 160

BT Privacy at home/Caller display - some queries

My current contract finishes on 19/12/13 - basic package plus anytime calls. (line saver runs til 06/14)

I am looking at two options

Upgrading now to unlimited b/band with anytime calls  ( cost £23pcm) - a new 12 mth contract

OR upgrade when the contract expires.

My queries are - will the b/band price stay the same at £16.

- I assume the anytime calls will rise as it is an add on

BUT what happens to the £1.75 privacy/caller display - do I get caught for this as I have not recontracted from 04/01/14 as this seems to be the opt in recontract date imposed by BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 160

Re: BT Privacy at home/Caller display - some queries

I suggest you contact live chat at this link they should be able to help you

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 160

I've had a live chat with BT

edited by mod

So it looks like to avoid the £1.75 caller display you must pre register and get a new contract running from 04/01/14 at the rates from that date even if you had recontracted say 31/12/13. Looks like I will opt out of caller displaySmiley Mad

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 18 of 160

conrad, if I'm understanding you correctly, only those not within a minimum term can get caller display free on 4th January 2014?

Oliver.
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 160

No it appears that you must pre register for a new contract from 04/01/14 regardless of when your existing contract started even if one started a mere few days prior to that date. It also seems that said new contract will be on the new rates not those that apply to the current one.

To get the free caller display you MUST pre register and trigger a new 12 month contract from 04/01/14.

Having re read the bumpf it refers to a new 12 month line rental contract and as I have line rental saver I'm now not sure what the impact will be - guess I will have another confusing session with live chat.

The live chat bloke was confused at first but stated that if I upgraded today I would still need to pre register and therefore trigger a new contract in January.

0 Ratings