cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver341
Expert
Message 20 of 160

Re: BT Privacy at home/Caller display - some queries

So if someone is within an 18 month contract, would it revert to a 12 month contract if one opts in to free caller display?

Oliver.
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 160

Don't know but would guess if less than 12 months to run then probably yes you would be put onto a new 12 month contract.

If more than 12 months then BT might say no new contract but this goes against the pre registering idea - best to ask live chat probably

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 22 of 160

Thanks for that.

So if this involves starting a new contract, would any freebies on the previous contract (e.g. half price broadband) be lost on 4th January?

A confusing offer indeed!

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 160

Re: Caller Display Charge from Jan 2014

Welcome to the forum. MyBT has always lacked details of add-ons; it was updated last year but alas they didn't take the opportunity to put the omission right. You have to look at your bill to find details of add-ons, including Caller Display; if it's not mentioned you probably got it with Privacy and will start getting charged for it from January. CD alone would normally cost £3.50 - if they charge you £1.75 that will confirm it's with Privacy.

If you want a definitive answer from BT about this try Billing Live Chat in the morning.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
siteguru
Expert
Message 25 of 160

Price Increase Email

Just received an email about price increases from January 2014. I notice the bit about BT Privacy/Caller ID costing £1.75 ... is that only for people who are NOT in a contract and do NOT have a calling plan?

(I joined BT in June 2013, paying the line rental saver for 12 months, have the Unlimted Weekends calling plan, and have BT Infinity 1 on an 18 month contract).

I just want to be sure that this change isn't going to affect me (other than for non-inclusive calls).

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
siteguru
Expert
Message 26 of 160

Re: Price Increase Email

Thanks for moving my post (whoever did so). It is STILL as clear as mud though, even after reading this thread.

Looks like I'll need to do a live chat or similar.
Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
siteguru
Expert
Message 27 of 160

OK. Just off the live chat. 🙂

If you pre-register for the new privacy package, it is free for 12 months. ALL you are doing is committing to a new 12 month line rental contract. IF you have an existing line rental saver package then that continues until the saver ends.

At that time you can then either go on to standard monthly line rental (at the prevailing rate) or take out a new saver package.

So for those still in a contract, NOTHING should change (in terms of your monthly payments) provided you pre-register. Make sure to turn off 1571 though, as this is not included in the privacy package and becomes chargeable.

Hope this helps some people. 🙂

Thanks
Ian
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 160

Agreed that in £s nothing changes but it makes a right mess of the contract end dates. Line Rental, Broadband and Line Rental Saver(if applicable) could all end on separate dates. BT do not intend realigning any of the contracts.

siteguru
Expert
Message 29 of 160

@conrad wrote:

Agreed that in £s nothing changes but it makes a right mess of the contract end dates. Line Rental, Broadband and Line Rental Saver(if applicable) could all end on separate dates. BT do not intend realigning any of the contracts.

Indeed. From my perspective, my Infinity contract runs out towards the end of next year anyway (18 month contract), so it's really only the line rental aspect that would be misaligned for me.

Thanks
Ian
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 160

Re: Caller Display Charge from Jan 2014

Not forgetting that BT Sport also triggered another 12 month contract.
0 Ratings