Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 61 of 160

Re: Caller Display Charge from Jan 2014

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 62 of 160

Thanks David. As usual a lot of the confusion is created by BT's own CS staff.
Perhaps send them the same link?

Stew
0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 63 of 160

@DavidM wrote:
Thanks for posting. PaddyB has posted a response to the caller display query here .

Thanks. I have a couple of questions.

1) Will taking out a contract for free BTP+CD prevent people renewing Line Rental Saver whilst under contract for BTP+CD?

2) There seems to be a requirement to pre-register before 6 December. If this is an ongoing offer which can be opted in to at any time, why is this date stated?

Oliver.
0 Ratings
BedrockFred
Contributor
Message 64 of 160

Do I have to cancel and if so when

Livid with BT and this caller display charge from Jan 4th I have line rental saver expires July 2014 but BT want me to enter another 12 month contract to keep caller display surely the correct way to do is is for customers who have paid line rental saver to pay for caller display when the line rental saver contract ends ie keep everything aligned

Do I have to give any notice to cancel Caller Display or can I turn it off anytime up to the 4th Jan I as sure as hell I am not paying 1.75 pm for something that should ALWAYS be included only been with BT a few months but now remember the reason I left after being a customer for years

No doubt BT will say it's not the case but no doubt it's all to do with BT Sport and the stupid amount they have just paid for CL football  etc 

Was Sky customer and was not overly happy  with them but at least thier CS reps all read from the same script I have had so many conflicting messages from BT reps on this Caller Display rise and the TV stories it's unbelievable if BT Reps don't know what the rules and services are me a BT customer stands no chance

As soon as my TV, phone and infinty contract is up I am back off to Sky who at least are able to get all their CS to tell the same CORRECT story whether its good or bad news 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 65 of 160

Re: Do I have to cancel and if so when

Oliver341
Expert
Message 66 of 160

Re: Do I have to cancel and if so when

@BedrockFred wrote:

Livid with BT and this caller display charge from Jan 4th I have line rental saver expires July 2014 but BT want me to enter another 12 month contract to keep caller display surely the correct way to do is is for customers who have paid line rental saver to pay for caller display when the line rental saver contract ends ie keep everything aligned

I've replied in the other thread.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
IanCG
Message 67 of 160

I've already cancelled caller display and 1571, I activated my BT Sport but have also cancelled that to save me having to do so at a later date! These add on charges are very sneaky and rely on most people forgetting or not bothering to cancel, I've been very pleased with BT up until the last few months, they seem to be making a lot of changes without any thought for existing customers, making the jump to an other provider less of an issue.

0 Ratings
didough
Beginner
Message 68 of 160

In need of help and clarification too! 

Currently have Unlimited Evening & Weekend calls with free BT Privacy at Home and Caller Display -  although can't use caller display on my phone equipment and not bothered about doing so as only use BT line for internet connection.

Can I go online and cancel BT Privacy altogether and not be charged in January 2014 for services I can neither use nor have any  desire to use, please?

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 69 of 160

@didough wrote:

Can I go online and cancel BT Privacy altogether and not be charged in January 2014 for services I can neither use nor have any  desire to use, please?

You can cancel it here: https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerOrders/control/orderproduct?productId=CON-27455&produ...

Oliver.
Distinguished Sage
Message 70 of 160

if you cannot use the service and are not interested in may I ask why you ordered it
0 Ratings