cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
didough
Beginner
Message 71 of 160

Re: Caller Display Charge from Jan 2014

Didn't order it - was just added to my (over 35+ years) account. 

Then had online/telephone conversations (with lengthly multilingual/multi-confusional discussions - prior to the one very helpful (Irish dialiect) chap sorting things out for me. 

Then received the BT email with links to more confusing messages about  'what to do next', which gave no real info to anyone in the real world trying to decide which box to tick, so they didn't get signed-in to some other BT money-grabbing scheme adding more and more to their already overpriced bill - in many cases nothing to do with telephonic services, but a basic internet connection.

0 Ratings
AndyCap
Aspiring Contributor
Message 72 of 160

Well if I end up paying for it I want every number displayed and no "international" displayed.

If not I will be complaing  about the service.  Caller display paid I should get all numbers displayed.

0 Ratings
Message 73 of 160

For those of us you have 'pre-registered' for BT Privacy and Caller Display free for 12 months, does anyone know what happens next, if anything? Do we receive any further info, confirmation or a new contract?
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 74 of 160

If you have pre registered you are automatically put onto a new contract so this would be your notification.

I would guess that you will actually see it being free when you receive a bill covering the period from 4 Jan with no mention or charge for it.

Message 75 of 160

OK but we sometimes get a new contract via e-mail or post.
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 76 of 160

Being somewhat flippant the word "sometimes" may be very apt.

Message 77 of 160

LOL
0 Ratings
Sponge
Beginner
Message 78 of 160

I'll admit to still being unsure of the situation.

I've only just joined BT (on the 22nd Nov). I've paid 12 months line rental up front. I've got the weekend only call plan and Infinity 2. I believe it's an 18 month contract.

I asked for Caller Display (Privacy package) when I ordered, but it wasn't enabled. So I ask for it via Live Chat. It's been sorted. He told me he'd activated the Privacy pack. During the conversation he also gave me the link to pre-register to avoid the January price, but when asked replied saying I didn't have to do it any more, as he'd already placed the order. So I was left thoroughly confused.

So am I getting the privacy pack and caller ID free until my contract expires, or just until January? How can I pre-register and agree to a 12 month re-contract when I'm only 3 days into an 18 month one?

If I pre-register, will the prices I'm now getting on Inf2 and w/e calls go up come January time?

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 79 of 160

You should pre-register for free caller display, the new minimum term overlaps your existing one, in other words, you lose nothing.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Storm_Force
Aspiring Expert
Message 80 of 160

After reading this thread I am still none the wiser! OK my phone contract runs out in May I have paid in advance so will I be charged for 1571  from Jan seeing I am still in contract?

0 Ratings