Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
peterwt
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Caller Display Charges

Last year BT introduced a charge for Caller Display. If you took out a new 12 month line contract they would continue to be free. I did this and have not been charged for this service.

I have just received my latest bill and there is a small note opposite line charge stating that I will be charged for Caller Display from mt next bill. Last year when BT announced this charge there was a furore and questions were asked in Parliament.

Will BT be doing the same this year and giving it free if a new contract is taken out?

I also noticed on my bill that I was being charged for BT Sport HD which I have never requested. I recently took out a new contract to continue to get BT Sport SD free on Sky. I know that it had been announced that although BT Sport SD would be free for another year HD would be chargeable. No mention was made of this when I took out the new contract. I have contacted BT and they are removing this charge.

It seems that BT will take every opportunity to put extra charges on your bill and make things as difficult as possible to understand.

Peter
6 REPLIES 6
Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Caller Display Charges

"It seems that BT will take every opportunity to put extra charges on your bill and make things as difficult as possible to understand."

So what's that difficult to understand?
You signed up for 12 months to get the add ons free. The 12 months have now finished, BT start charging.

0 Ratings
ernie_c
Expert
Message 3 of 7

Can you not commit to another 12 months line rental and get the BT Privacy with free caller display again?
peterwt
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Hi ernie_c,

That is what I am trying to find out - BT were unable to tell me.

Peter
0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

I renewed my telephone and broadband contract for12 months in August and was told free caller display was included. My line rental  saver is not due until October, if I renew it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

BT did not start charging for Caller Display until early January 2014 but because I took out the deal for 12 months free caller display on the 11th December 2013 I will be charged for it from 10th December 2014. I wish that I had waited until January 2014 to take up the deal.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Anyone know if the charge of £1.75/m for caller display is increasing in the next round of BT price increases in December 2014???
0 Ratings