cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
686 Views
Message 11 of 25

Re: Caller Display and Line Rental Renewal


@umpire wrote:

Well if it helps the "Unlimited Weekend Plan" is an old calling plan product that you would think is no longer offered on new contracts. Not sure about renewals? A web search suggests it did indeed come with 3 free calling features. 

 

From the tariff guide.

 

BT-Products.jpg

 

 

I'm confused as to why the LRS order summary is mentioning the calling plan. The line rental is a fixed price regardless of the calling plan you might be on. Is it just for information?

The calling plan is often packaged with the broadband. See the tariff guide pages 46 - 48.


Thank you umpire. Your post explains a lot. I have done a web search as suggested and I have found evidence that the Unlimited Weekend Plan did come with 3 free calling features including Caller display and BT Answer 1571. Unfortunately I have been unable to locate the old Ts and Cs that stated this.

 

The order summary is confusing in that if you do have broadband it looks as if you are ordering Broadband and your phone package for the first time with an activation date not that you are just renewing your LRS.

 

In my case it appears as if I am ordering a Phone line only Unlimited Weekend Plan for the first time with an activation date.

0 Ratings
Reply
walkerx
Recognised Expert
667 Views
Message 12 of 25

Re: Caller Display and Line Rental Renewal

this is one of the things with bt ordering, it confuses people and shows that when you order (renewal) certain products are removed without the customer being informed and only way they find out is when they receive their bill - this actually happened with myself when i renewed contract for another 12 months (i didn't choose LRS) and was told would get free caller display included - i received my bill on friday and found i had been charged for it (backdated to November of when I recontracted, e even though still had LRS active on account and the free caller display).

 

the only solution is to call bt and dispute the charges - i've done this and they added the caller display onto my account on a new 12 month contract - i told them that as this was there issue i was not being bound by another 12 month contract as when my current contract is up in November I want to be able to move to any provider with penalty for their mistake of not including it when they renewed my contract (i renewed mine over the phone). They state they have put something on my notes to confirm they have added this and thay will not get charged for the last 3 months if move in November.

 

This is one of my concerns with their billing as it rasing concerns for me being an EE customer with 3 mobile contracts, wondering if they are going to cause the same problems if they migrate customers across. This is one of the biggest areas BT need to improve on along with their customer service, otherwise I can't fault the service.

 

 

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Guru
665 Views
Message 13 of 25

Re: Caller Display and Line Rental Renewal


@vofsanity2 wrote:

The order summary is confusing in that if you do have broadband it looks as if you are ordering Broadband and your phone package for the first time with an activation date not that you are just renewing your LRS.

In my case it appears as if I am ordering a Phone line only Unlimited Weekend Plan for the first time with an activation date.


 

You are not the first person to report this LRS ordering 'error'.

See  https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Just-been-signed-for-18-month-contract-while-12-months-in...

 

To me it looks like it certainly needs investigating.

  • If BT have changed the LRS terms people need to be aware of it.
  • If the on-line ordering system has had a fault introduced it needs fixing.

 

 

FYI. 

 

In 2014 I re-contracted all my products over the phone and did LRS at the same time, so can't compare it with your stand-alone LRS web order. As conrad mentioned the Customer Options Team seem able to submit an order for everything together whereas the on-line ordering seems more restricted.

 

They changed me from 'Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan' to the 'Unlimited Weekend Calls' when I binned the evening calls part. So I'm now on one of the current plans. The old one also did include 3 free features as I've still got the order confirmation from 2013.

 

The last time I ordered LRS just on its own (in 2011, not sure if via the web pages or phone) the order confirmation was very simple and made no mention of my Broadband and Calls package. It merely thanked me for paying for line rental in advance by card. This is what I would expect as it has nothing to do with my Broadband & Calls contract. It also shouldn't renew the Phone Line Rental contract.

0 Ratings
Reply
walkerx
Recognised Expert
660 Views
Message 14 of 25

Re: Caller Display and Line Rental Renewal

i've just checked my old orders and can confirm when I re-ordered LRS in December 2013 I just got confirmation of paying my debit card - i then had to place another order to renew any of my other services as you couldn't do both online - when you renewed your broadband package they automatically renewed your calling plans as for some reason these are linked to the broadband side - only late last year did they finally get my account to show I was on the anytime calling package (prior to that it only showed evening/weekends)

 

looking at my current bill it shows

 

Broadband and Calls

This is made up of: Broadband and Calls

This gives you: Calling Plan Unlimited Weekend Calls Broadband Unlimited BT Infinity 2

 

Unlimited Anytime Calls Add-On

This is the cost of your Unlimited Anytime Calls Add-on charged in advance Includes anytime calls to UK landlines and discounts to UK mobile

 

So they have changed the evening/weekend (as they started charging for evening calls add-on) to weekend only and list whether or not you have taken out a different calling plan

 

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Guru
650 Views
Message 15 of 25

Re: Caller Display and Line Rental Renewal


@walkerx wrote:

when you renewed your broadband package they automatically renewed your calling plans as for some reason these are linked to the broadband side 


Yes, this must confuse a lot of people. It confused me for a fair while. As the tariff guide shows for years they have liked to package the Broadband & Calls together as a single product for broadband customers.

 

To me it would seem far more logical to package Phone Line Rental & Calls and have separate Broadband. It may be driven by the way BT Wholesale sell the packages to telecomms providers?   

0 Ratings
Reply
walkerx
Recognised Expert
648 Views
Message 16 of 25

Re: Caller Display and Line Rental Renewal


@umpire wrote:

@walkerx wrote:

when you renewed your broadband package they automatically renewed your calling plans as for some reason these are linked to the broadband side 


Yes, this must confuse a lot of people. It confused me for a fair while. As the tariff guide shows for years they have liked to package the Broadband & Calls together as a single product for broadband customers.

 

To me it would seem far more logical to package Phone Line Rental & Calls and have separate Broadband. It may be driven by the way BT Wholesale sell the packages to telecomms providers?   


totally agree it is confusing and can't see why they don't just leave it under own sections

 

ie

Line Rental + Features

ie LRS, Caller Display, BT 1571,

 

Calling Package

ie Weekend Only

 

Broadband

ie BT Infinity, Infinity 1 Capped

 

It's also annoying that when you do have LRS they list it like

 

Refund:Line Rental 28 Nov-11 Feb 15 - £ 15.99

This is made up of:

Refund:Line Rental - £ 39.45 This is a refund of the price of your Line rental which you paid in advance up to 11 Feb 2015

Recharge:Line Rental Saver £ 23.46 28 Nov-11 Jan 15 This is the cost of your line rental at £15.99 a month from 28 Nov 2014 to 11 Jan 2015

Line Rental 28 Nov-30 Nov 14 £ 0.00

Line Rental 1 Dec-11 Feb 15 £ 16.99 This is made up of: Line Rental £ 40.21  This is the cost of your Line Rental up to 11 Feb 2015 at £16.99 a month.

Credit:Line Rental Saver - £ 23.22 Dec-11 Jan 1

 

Why can't they just have it on their system that you have paid in advance on LRS and just show it as £0.00 until it is time to pay again, instead of the messing about of crediting and recharging due to the increases - customers aren't bothered about these increases when they have paid for it up front so no need for BT to confuse matters more by doing the above

 

 

 

Highlighted
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
626 Views
Message 17 of 25

Re: Caller Display and Line Rental Renewal


@walkerx wrote:

 

It's also annoying that when you do have LRS they list it like

Refund:Line Rental 28 Nov-11 Feb 15 - £ 15.99

This is made up of:

Refund:Line Rental - £ 39.45 This is a refund of the price of your Line rental which you paid in advance up to 11 Feb 2015

Recharge:Line Rental Saver £ 23.46 28 Nov-11 Jan 15 This is the cost of your line rental at £15.99 a month from 28 Nov 2014 to 11 Jan 2015

Line Rental 28 Nov-30 Nov 14 £ 0.00

Line Rental 1 Dec-11 Feb 15 £ 16.99 This is made up of: Line Rental £ 40.21  This is the cost of your Line Rental up to 11 Feb 2015 at £16.99 a month.

Credit:Line Rental Saver - £ 23.22 Dec-11 Jan 1

Why can't they just have it on their system that you have paid in advance on LRS and just show it as £0.00 until it is time to pay again, instead of the messing about of crediting and recharging due to the increases - customers aren't bothered about these increases when they have paid for it up front so no need for BT to confuse matters more by doing the above

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

With my LRS it looks like this on my bill :

"

Unlimited Weekend PlanW25 Nov-24 Dec 14 £ 0.00
Including UK landline and 0845 / 0870 numbers within plan*
BT Answer 1571 W   25 Nov-24 Dec 14 £ 1.75
This is the cost of your BT Answer 1571 charged in advance (£1.75 a month)
BT Privacy with Caller Display free for W 25 Nov-24 Dec 14 £ 0.00
12 months
Total rental and other charges = £ 1.75
What you used
KPhone usage for xxxx xxxxxxxxx    £ 0.00
All your calls were free or included in your plan
Total usage charges = £ 0.00
TOTAL including any applicable taxes = £ 1.75

"

So they get it right in some cases.  Although I should be getting BT Answer 1571 for free.

 

 

 

0 Ratings
Reply
walkerx
Recognised Expert
609 Views
Message 18 of 25

Re: Caller Display and Line Rental Renewal


@vofsanity2 wrote:

@walkerx wrote:

 

It's also annoying that when you do have LRS they list it like

Refund:Line Rental 28 Nov-11 Feb 15 - £ 15.99

This is made up of:

Refund:Line Rental - £ 39.45 This is a refund of the price of your Line rental which you paid in advance up to 11 Feb 2015

Recharge:Line Rental Saver £ 23.46 28 Nov-11 Jan 15 This is the cost of your line rental at £15.99 a month from 28 Nov 2014 to 11 Jan 2015

Line Rental 28 Nov-30 Nov 14 £ 0.00

Line Rental 1 Dec-11 Feb 15 £ 16.99 This is made up of: Line Rental £ 40.21  This is the cost of your Line Rental up to 11 Feb 2015 at £16.99 a month.

Credit:Line Rental Saver - £ 23.22 Dec-11 Jan 1

Why can't they just have it on their system that you have paid in advance on LRS and just show it as £0.00 until it is time to pay again, instead of the messing about of crediting and recharging due to the increases - customers aren't bothered about these increases when they have paid for it up front so no need for BT to confuse matters more by doing the above

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

With my LRS it looks like this on my bill :

"

Unlimited Weekend PlanW25 Nov-24 Dec 14 £ 0.00
Including UK landline and 0845 / 0870 numbers within plan*
BT Answer 1571 W   25 Nov-24 Dec 14 £ 1.75
This is the cost of your BT Answer 1571 charged in advance (£1.75 a month)
BT Privacy with Caller Display free for W 25 Nov-24 Dec 14 £ 0.00
12 months
Total rental and other charges = £ 1.75
What you used
KPhone usage for xxxx xxxxxxxxx    £ 0.00
All your calls were free or included in your plan
Total usage charges = £ 0.00
TOTAL including any applicable taxes = £ 1.75

"

So they get it right in some cases.  Although I should be getting BT Answer 1571 for free.

 

 

 


You won't get BT Answer 1571 for free when you renewed, they put the price up so everyone had to pay (one reason why I cancelled it along with the spam cold calling calls even though on TTP) - if people need me urgently they have my mobile, otherwise tough luck

0 Ratings
Reply
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
590 Views
Message 19 of 25

Re: Caller Display and Line Rental Renewal


@vofsanity2 wrote:

I have hit another issue having successfully renewed my LRS.

 

The order summary states that

"Unlimited Weekend Plan
Phone number:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unlimited calls to UK landlines from midnight Friday to midnight Sunday, for up to an hour
Inclusive calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers at weekends
Up to 3 calling features for no extra cost
24/7 help and support for your home phone line"

 

I have been told by two customer support reps that the statement in red is untrue and only BT Privacy with Caller Display is given free.

 

So can anyone who has recently renewed their LRS back me up on this ?

 

OR if you are about to renew your LRS can you please click on "Order Summary" and take a screen print.


Just an update on this.  On checking I have found that you need to go to Order Tracking in MyBT and take a screen print of the Order Summary there to get the "Up to 3 calling features for no extra cost" line.

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Guru
581 Views
Message 20 of 25

Re: Caller Display and Line Rental Renewal

So have they actually renewed you on the older 'Unlimited Weekend Plan', or the newer 'Unlimited Weekend Calls'? I assume you were on the older 'Plan' before renewal?

 

The new 'Calls' packages no longer include the 3 free features as far as I can see.

0 Ratings
Reply