cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tamus
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Caller display and contract

I have Phone and Broadband packages and pay line rental yearly - these two 12 months contracts are in place until mid June 2015.  I understood at the time of taking these out that free caller display was included.  I have now been told that if I want to continue with free caller display I have to sign up to a 12 month contract.  I don't unferstand how this can be - if I agree to this I would then be tied into a contract for a full 12 months when my current contracts expire in June - help

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
plymchris
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Caller display and contract

My understanding is that the free caller display is ONLY offered as part of a 12 month line rental contract and after the contract expires, the charge will automatically apply. To qualify for free caller display again, you must sign up for another 12 month contract. It is another way for BT to secure another contract from customers. I tend to slavishly sign up for the new contract every year to qualify for the freebie, but if you envisage changing provider in the near future, I wouldn't bother.

0 Ratings
tamus
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Caller display and contract

Thanks for the reply - that is my point - our line rental contract does not run out until mid June but they say our caller display contract has expired.  In order to get it free I have to take out a further caller display contract for 12 months which then causes  problem when the line rental contract comes up for renewal in June !

0 Ratings