cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spytron
Message 1 of 4

Can Anyone confirm if this is BT's Fax Number correct??

Hi everyone, ( THIS Fax number correct - 0800 626609 for credit reference?? )

I have been a customer on and off with bt full package ( bt vision, total BB and anytime) over last 7 years ( used all the time just moved house with partner )

Any way I am now moving to new property in 10 days time all set read to go.

So bought the full works BT package online. Got confirmation email same day. great I thought

then I get a call today 2 days later saying they have no credit  details with my name and DOB.... Um I think this is odd as I have just done a very large credit reference for a house .... they say that my DOB is Incorrect..... I also say well approx 27 months ago I had the full package at another address in my name ( for over 3yrs) and I kept copies of all accounts)

after all this and so to say I could not understand the Indian lauguge at all well and had to keep asking him to repeat the question in Alpha Numeric's like the police so I understood.

Any way the bottom line is they wanted proof of id... and said wanted passport  or driving license?? and had to fax to number above or post ( taking another 14 days)

I said can I not scan the docs and email to you ?? ( come on bt get with the times most people don't bother with faxing now)

I am a little concerned about the fax number and wanted to make sure it was not a scam. they also called from this number 0800 028 5085... is that right too.

If they don't sort it soon This new Business I will not bother and 2 others will close accounts with bt also.

Come on BT check your own records first please save alot of time.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can Anyone confirm if this is BT's Fax Number correct??

The first number you quote is a fax number, but I wouldn't send info unless you're sure about it. The second one is a BT customer services number.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 4

@spytron wrote:

Hi everyone, ( THIS Fax number correct - 0800 626609 for credit reference?? )

Hi spytron,

I can confirm that's the right fax number for the Credit Referrals team.

Stephanie

Jomarsden1
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I placed an order with BT a week and a half ago and was told I would be sent the router and connected on Monday 19th. When I hadn't received anything on Monday I rang up, spent 45 minutes on the phone (being charged) one to be told that BT were waiting to receive two proofs o address from me before continuing with my order. Nobody from BT informed me of this and if I hadn't called up then I would still be waiting.

I was given a fax number to send these documents to but when I eventually found someone who could fax them for me at their work (who has a fax machine these days!) the fax number didnt work. It was the one confirmed above - 0800 626 609. Is there another number I can try?

I have also posted them but when I rang up this morning, the advisor was unable to confirm whether these had been received at the BT correspondence centre in Durham, seeing as I was talking to someone in Asia.

Where can I go from here?? A family member has just had countless problems with the BT customer service and advised me against them but I decided to give them a try. Now I can completely understand why they said not to!
0 Ratings