cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colmmc1981
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Can I cancel my contract? Sick of being overcharged and have yet to receive Amazon vouchers

Go to solution

Hi there,

I joined BT back in September. I was informed that I would be receivng a £100 amazon voucher for doing so. I also signed up for International freedom to make calls abroad. In my first bill I was overcharged by £62.40 for international calls, this was then credited back to my account. My next bill came in and there was a further £52.83 in charges, £46.94 of which should be covered under the internatioanl calls. I have been told that I don't understand how the billing works. For me it is quite simple:

1. I have 600 minutes to landlines in various countries
  2. Once I go over thiis limit I will be charged per minute

So before I go anyfuther I just want to clarify that I am a very experienced excel user and can  calculate the bills very quickly by extracting and reformating the file. I was told there was only £2.10 of calls which were classed as International calls. My excel book, which I sent to the member of staff as an attachment said £46.94 and the member of staff told me " Colm please check your Bill propely , you will understand". My worry is that now my next bill is estimated at £45 for calls only bringing my total to £83 for somthing whcih should be little more than £38.

Can someone please help me resolve or advise me on how to cancel my contract due to the above issues.

thanks in advance

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can I cancel my contract? Sick of being overcharged and have yet to receive Amazon vouchers

Go to solution
I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
Colmmc1981
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: Can I cancel my contract? Sick of being overcharged and have yet to receive Amazon vouchers

Go to solution

Thanks john46.

Much appreciated! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Colmmc1981 and welcome.

It sounds like you've had a few problems getting this sorted, I'm sorry you haven't been given the correct information. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings