cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Can I stop my landline but keep broadband?

Go to solution

I don't want my landline any more , don't use it and just have mobile with BT but also broadband, if I stop my landline will my broadband contract still continue ok?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Can I stop my landline but keep broadband?

Go to solution

@Katy111 

If you stop your landline then your broadband will also be ceased and would be treated as a contract termination, and could involve cancellation charges.

The cost of the landline connection is included in the broadband cost, so there would not be any saving. 

Broadband needs some form of physical connection to deliver it.

Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

You must keep your landline and pay line rental as you need the line for broadband. You can stop a call package so you cannot make or receive calls.  You would need a new contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

As far as I'm aware, a saving of £5/m can be made by having broadband only with no telephony package, known as SOGEA.

Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

As far as I'm aware, a saving of £5/m can be made by having broadband only with no telephony package, known as SOGEA.

Depends on what package the OP has, the saving is on the calling plan, the cost of the calling plan is the saving, some existing customers have PAYG free, in which case there's no saving to be made.

Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Surely there would be a saving of over £220 a year for the line rental which some people pay upfront ? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

@cityangel 

You still have to pay line rental for the broadband connection.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

When BT talk about "Landline" what they are referring to is a landline phone. You still need a "landline" of some description whether it is copper or fibre in order to receive broadband and as such you pay for that albeit it is included in the price of your broadband rather than being shown as a separate cost. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

So if people don't ever use their landlines because they have 2 mobiles in their home there's no savings to be made? 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

See message 4 and 5