cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Westy417
Message 1 of 10

Can anybody tell me why my order will have taken 1 month the fulfil?

I'm moving back to BT (right now i don't know why i'm doing this) from a pure fibre provider.  I rang BT 14th August, placed my order got an activation date 28th August, rang my current (soon to be old provider) and gave notive to leave.  I have an end date on 13th Sept.

All is well I thought, plenty of time to get the switch done and maintain braodband service I thought.  

I kinda new BT has a poor rep but I'd heard better things of late but I'm afraind they've proved that wrong.  28th Aug came and went - no service, OK I've got 2 weeks for BT to get it sorted, it's only a port whats so difficult, I was a customer 3 years ago what could go wrong.

28th August, we're haivng issues Sir, we'll have you connected soon, a week later still no connection. OK It's getting tight be we still have a week right.  10th Sept, we're still working on it Sir we'll get back to on the 11th.

It's now getting really tight, on the 11th - We're still working on it Sir we'll be in touch on the 13th.  Now the blow!! today I get an email saying that I'll have this sorted by the24th Sept.

So depsite leaving plently of time to get this sortedI'm now going to be without service for 2 weeks.

What I want to know that nobody can seem to tell me is why can't i have a temp number assigned and then port my old number once BT have sorted the issue.  Can't I maintain service that way?

2 weeks without a BB service, that's not good and to top it off they've taken the Line Rental fee and have charged me for serice to date!!

Any BT employee willing to take this on and get a resoluiton!!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Can anybody tell me why my order will have taken 1 month the fulfil?

Hi @Westy417. Is there any special reason why you contacted your old provider? The way switching works is you only contact your new provider and leave it to them to handle everything so you don’t end up with a period of no service. 

0 Ratings
Westy417
Message 3 of 10

Yes I have a BB provider and a Telephone provider (Vonage)  BT said they would contact Vonage (this is the issue i think) but not my pure fibre provider as that wasn't needed for them to take over the line - Does that make sense?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

I think as @VeteranISPUser has said you should have just notified BT about switching to them from previous provider and by getting another different termination date from current provider has really complicated your move  your existing provider probably won't terminate you conenction with them until your agreed 13/9 which then lets BT take over your line

I presume your cabinet is available  you can check here by entering your phone number or probably you need to enter your address  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Westy417
Message 5 of 10

I'm not sure that's the case the pure fibre provider has an infrasture that's completely seperate to the BT network.  They (Gigaclear) came to the village and burried cable that feeds directly from their own box to the house.

The BT box is up the road and as far as i can tell still runs to our house (we were a customer 3 years ago).  The issue is the Vonage port (VoIP)not the gigaclear fibre, BT and Gigaclear and independent of each other with seperate infrastructure I can't see how this complicates the issue both could run at the same time if needed. What I don't want to do i go back to gigaclear and sign up for a new 12month deal for 2 weeks!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

ok so you had fibre to your home FTTP?

post dslchecker results please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Westy417
Message 7 of 10

Had to use my postcode

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
For Postcode SN7 8QN

ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 17--10 to 19.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 7.5--6.5 to 8Available
Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Other Offerings   Availability Date
ADSL Multicast------Available

Postcode only checks will not return any result for fibre services (FTTP, FTTC:VDSL and G.fast).

For all ADSL services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Jan-2016; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 31-Dec-2016.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Westy417
Message 8 of 10

Yes FTTP with VoIP I ported my old BT number to Vonage

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

I tend to agree with you that the problem is probably BT trying to get the phone number back from the VOIP provider , if the number isn't important , then ask for any old number to be assigned, if it is important , then the delay may be while this probably quite rare request is sorted,but you want a line and broadband ASAP you may have to accept a 'we will try but no guarantee' if you accept a temporary number while waiting for the number you ported to VOIP to be returned .

The question I would ask is, why after having what is supposed to be the 'bees knees' FTTP from an Alt Net , you are going back to not even to VDSL but ADSL ?.

Wouldnt the VOIP provider work over ADSL ? why not leave the number with VOIP and run it over your 'new' broadband , and have 2 numbers, 1  on the land  line and the VOIP working as it does now albeit on a slower broadband.

0 Ratings
Flossy744
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

@VeteranISPUserwrote:

Hi @Westy417. Is there any special reason why you contacted your old provider? The way switching works is you only contact your new provider and leave it to them to handle everything so you don’t end up with a period of no service. 

Not so, I came over to BT one month ago from virginmedia, while reading up and seeing what BT had on offer it stated that they would contact your provider UNLESS you are with Virginmedia, you had to phone up and put in your 30 Days notice. 

0 Ratings