cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Can anyone understand a BT phone bill ??

Hi

Does anyone know if BT might simplify their phone bill someday !

Mine says charges for phone and broadband then it says privacy caller display 

then is says credit on these items.

I hope Offcom enforce them to make bills understandable, as I know they lay them out like this so you cannot understand

charges and cannot tell if you are being overcharged.

Does anyone know of any internet spreadsheets that may filter the charges and make them more understandable.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can anyone understand a BT phone bill ??

BT don't give discounted prices as such.  Instead, they charge you the full amount, then give you a refund equal to the discount you should get.

So if you signed up for free caller display, they will charge you the full price for it, then give you a refund.

I think it's a technicality, where they are supposed to publish their definitive price list for anyone to see.  They couldn't do that if they were offering all sorts of prices to different customers.  So they have to charge everybody the official price for everything, and then give some money back.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Miketurner201 Sorry you are having trouble understanding your bill. There is a Bill Explainer tool that may help with your bill. Try it and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

As I said at the time the bill explainer was launched, there is something seriously wrong when a company has to issue an explainer for its billing system!!!

0 Ratings