Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 21

Can't add BTinfinity 2 due to Open order

Hi 

Im moving house and arranged for my phone line to be moved my new address and pick up the existng line there. order was confirmed and i was given a date for the change.

After reviewing my options for internet the following week  i cancelled my sky broadband and decided to order btinfinity 2 for my new address. i have been told now that it is impossible to add this to the line change order as the order is in 'flight'. i wont be able to order internet until the line change is complete, and this may leave me without internet for several weeks. i run a business from home that is dependent on internet and i find it incredulous that a company with the IT resources of bt cannot amend an order to help gain new business of their premium product before anything physical has taken place. Nothing is being manufactured. all that has happened is i have received a confirmation email and yet this is too complex a procedure for any operator i speak to be able to amend.

if this is indeed to the case then i think BT need to sort their ordering processto fix issues like this.

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: Can't add BTinfinity 2 due to Open order

@alonso wrote:

Hi 

. i run a business from home that is dependent on internet and i find it incredulous that a company with the IT resources of bt

Is this a business broadband order, as business usage on a residential account is not advised, as its only for entertainment usage.

This is mentioned in the T&Cs.

Changes in provider are subject to a 10 day delay, this is an Ofcom requirement to reduce "slamming".

If an order is in progress, then it would have to be cancelled befor a new order can be placed.

If it is a business broadband order, then please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 21

i am a freelancer and need internet access whilst at home. 

it is not a business address.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 21

@alonso wrote:

i am a freelancer and need internet access whilst at home. 

it is not a business address.

I don`t think you are going to be able to progress this any faster, as the Sky order would take time to be cancelled.

BT Retail have no control over this, as its Openreach that do all of the work, and they are usually very busy, as they deal with all providers.

If you have an existing BT order in progress, you could try this link.

Order Live Chat Team

It may be best to arrange some form of mobile broadband to cover the period when you have no Internet connection.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 21

the fact that i would need to cancel the phone line change to reorder the fibre and lose probably even more days, and create even more confusion in the system rather than just the order be amended considering, like i said nothing has actually taken place is what i find crazy. this cant be a correct way to manage orders, especially when lead in times are involved. i cant image any other business saying this. BT always finds a way to surprise me with their poor customer service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 21

my sky is cancelled and my phone line is agreed to change on the 28th november. all i am asking for is to order btinfinity and im being basically told no, we cant even place the order to happen as soon as possible. i dont know many business that turn down custom.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 21

A working BT Retail phone line is needed before any broadband can be provided.

Until you get a working BT Retail phone line, its not going to be possible to determine whether you can actually get BT Infinity.

Hve you tried the  Broadband availability checker

Once your BT Retail line is working on the 28th November, it should then be possible to place a broadband order.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 21

i have the new number and have checked it and its fine for infinity. i believe the previous tenant had it. surely the order can be queued into the system and the checks begin when the line kicks in. i still find it strange no one at BT finds order process to be an issue. surely many customers move house and change to a new provider. i dont see it being complex. when the phone line order is completed my broadbnad can be tested and the order complete. why do i need to have to place another order on the day im moving house when you can at least register it as a pending order.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 21

Did the previous tenant cancel their phone and broadband account, if so, how long ago was it?

Its unusual to takeover an existing number, BT would normally issue a new number. The existing number would be returned to the pool of numbers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 21

i have been given a new number i assume. its an existing line

0 Ratings