Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 21

Re: Can't add BTinfinity 2 due to Open order

@alonso wrote:

i . when the phone line order is completed my broadbnad can be tested and the order complete. why do i need to have to place another order on the day im moving house when you can at least register it as a pending order.

For the broadband commissioning test to take place, there has to be a working phone line, as that forms part of the results that the field technician has to upload.

If it was a totally new BT Retail provision, then both the phone and broadband tasks can be linked together, so that once the phone task has been completed, the broadband task can be issued to the field staff.

Your one is more complicated, as it involves moving service providers, and possibly exchange equipment, as Sky have their own equipment installed in many exchanges.

That is really all the information I can provide, as I am just a BT Retail customer, and BT Pensioner.

As far as I am aware, the process has not changed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 21

thanks for help but i dont see why sky would be involved. i cancelled sky broadband at my current address. my phoneline has always been bt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 21

@alonso wrote:

thanks for help but i dont see why sky would be involved. i cancelled sky broadband at my current address. my phoneline has always been bt

Who did you initiate the home move with, Sky or BT Retail?

Which service provider did the previous tenant use?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 14 of 21

i cancelled sky broadband and tv. i initiated a change of address notification with bt retail for my landline. they confirmed i was taking over the existing line. dates all set.

i have tried to order bt infinity and they refuse to let me order it till the line kicks in. i have to make the order only after the line is up. 

previous tenants were on bt for everything phone internet and tv.

i will probably have to sign up to a alternative provider.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 21

as they all use Openreach except cable operators the delay will still be the same infact it could make it longer as you will go to the back of the queue
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 16 of 21

whole point of this is currently i am not on any queue for bt infinity. i understand there is a lead in time from the point of my landline being active but i could at least be added to the queue for an engineer to add fibre once that happens now. currently they are just ignoring my request to purchase broadband and further adding to any delay.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 21

As already posted you cannot place an order until the line is activated also as the number allocated come from a pool of numbers the one you have been allocated may have been in a fibre area but until it is activated on your new line it cannot be confirmed your line can actually get a fibre service
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 18 of 21

yet when i changed my landline  online to the new house i was offered the choice of signing up to fibre during that process. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 21

yes but an order can also be rejected by Openreach if fibre is not available or the cabinet is full this cannot be confirmed until the line goes live
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 20 of 21

geez, but at least i would be on the queue by now. not to worry, sky have offered to continue my service with them so hopefully i wont face so much disruption.

every few years its nice to be reminded how poor BT is with dealing with their customers.

0 Ratings