Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Can’t claim BT reward card

Go to solution

Hi,

I am hoping that someone can offer some help.  I have recently moved into a new house and decided to take BT’s Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited package.  At the time, it was advertised that I could claim a £70 BT reward card as part of this deal.  My fibre internet has been up and running since 6th January, but when I log into BT it tells me I have no rewards to claim.  Is there something else that I have to do to be able to claim my reward?  Thanks for any solution you can provide.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Can’t claim BT reward card

Go to solution

@hooselooker 

What date did you place your order, and did you place it online?

https://www.bt.com/manage/bt-reward-card/

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hi,

I placed my order on 30th December and yes, I placed it online.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

@hooselooker wrote:

Hi,

There was no reward card on offer on that date, which is why there is nothing to claim.

• From 03.01.20 until 09.01.20 new to BT customers are eligible for a £40 Reward Card when ordering a Broadband Unlimited Package, £70 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre Package, £80 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited, and a £100 Reward Card when ordering an Ultrafast Fibre 100 or 250 Package. Existing BT Broadband customers upgrading their BT broadband or those adding just BT TV are excluded.
  • From 13.12.19 until 23.12.19 new to BT customers are eligible for a £60 Reward Card when ordering a Broadband Unlimited Package, £60 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre Essential Package, £80 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre Package, £110 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited, and a £110 Reward Card when ordering an Ultrafast Fibre 100 or 250 Package. Existing BT Broadband customers upgrading their BT broadband or those adding just BT TV are excluded

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

@hooselookerwrote:

Hi,

There's no mention of a reward card promotion on that date, there was a gap between Christmas Eve until the 3rd January with no reward card offer running :

From 03.01.20 until 09.01.20 new to BT customers are eligible for a £40 Reward Card when ordering a Broadband Unlimited Package, £70 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre Package, £80 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited, and a £100 Reward Card when ordering an Ultrafast Fibre 100 or 250 Package. Existing BT Broadband customers upgrading their BT broadband or those adding just BT TV are excluded.

From 13.12.19 until 23.12.19 new to BT customers are eligible for a £60 Reward Card when ordering a Broadband Unlimited Package, £60 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre Essential Package, £80 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre Package, £110 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited, and a £110 Reward Card when ordering an Ultrafast Fibre 100 or 250 Package. Existing BT Broadband customers upgrading their BT broadband or those adding just BT TV are excluded

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Hi,

Surely it goes by the activation date though?  If not, I’ve been misled and I’m not happy about that.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

@hooselookerwrote:

Hi,

Surely it goes by the activation date though?  If not, I’ve been misled and I’m not happy about that.

No, it goes from the date you place the order.

An activation date can vary, a working line takeover can take 2 weeks, activating a stopped line can be as little as 24 hours, installing a new line depends when an engineer is available.

What makes you think you've been misled ?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi,

From my understanding of the promotion, it didn’t mention that it would be based on the order date, so I assumed it would be once the broadband was activated.  I’m really disappointed because this was one of the reasons I chose BT broadband - it was an added incentive.  I am certain that the terms don’t state that it is the order date that is used, so I believe I have been misled by BT.

Also, it wasn’t a working line takeover as it is a newly built house with no previous owners and all of the engineering works were carried out during the build. I confirmed this in advance with BT. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

If you look at https://www.bt.com/manage/bt-reward-card/

Frequently Asked Questions

And

BT Offer Terms and Conditions

You will see that it refers to the date that the order is placed.

"If a reward was offered on the date you placed your order, it will expire 3 months after the date your broadband is installed. (If your order was placed before the 1st JULY 2016, then the 6 month claim period still applies)."

If your order was valid on the day you placed your online order, it would have been shown on the initial page, usually with a countdown timer showing how long the offer had left to run.

It has always been the case with BT, that promotions are run to create new customers.

Sometimes there are free gifts, other times there are just reward cards, and if you are really lucky, you get both.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I did read all of the info/terms and conditions before placing my order, but disagree with what you are saying.

"If a reward was offered on the date you placed your order, it will expire 3 months after the date your broadband is installed.“

The above statement does NOT make it clear that the BT reward card promotion is based on the order date. This is just saying that it expires 3 months afterwards.

The following information is also misleading:

You can claim a reward if you've ordered an eligible broadband or mobile product online at bt.com.

and,

“You can claim your reward online using your BT ID.

If you ordered broadband, please wait till your service is activated before you claim.

I understand what you are saying, but feel that it should be crystal-clear to customers exactly how this promotion works. I’m quite angry about all of this and really do feel that BT have misled me.

0 Ratings