cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Can’t get details for BT Halo or add it

When I try to add BT Halo to my Superfast Fibre 2 service, all I get is a message saying - “You've already got our top broadband and TV products. We can’t beat that, so we don’t have any personalised deals for you here at the moment.”

Why is this?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Can’t get details for BT Halo or add it

I don't understand your question,  “You've already got our top broadband and TV products. We can’t beat that, so we don’t have any personalised deals for you here at the moment.” seems self explanatory.

You do realise that Halo is just Superfast fibre re-branded and that your product, as described on MyBT, will change to Halo in time if it hasn't already done so?

0 Ratings
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

@V_Meldrewwrote:

I don't understand your question,  “You've already got our top broadband and TV products. We can’t beat that, so we don’t have any personalised deals for you here at the moment.” seems self explanatory.

You do realise that Halo is just Superfast fibre re-branded and that your product, as described on MyBT, will change to Halo in time if it hasn't already done so?

Sorry no, I didn’t realise that. I thought Halo was an add on to my current package. I’m a brand new customer, Superfast Fibre 2 started Monday. When will BT add Halo to my service?

EDIT: My BT says “Upgrade to Halo from as little as £3 extra a month.”, and when I click on the link to find out more I get the message about already having the top broadband and TV Products.  I don’t even have a TV product.

As a new customer, I’m confused about all the different product name.

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

Welcome to the world of BT 😆

I can't say precisely when it will happen but I would hazard a guess that it will do so immediately after your next bill, at least that's when mine changed

0 Ratings
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Sorry, me again. Everything I’ve read now about BT Halo says it replaces BT Plus, but I didn’t opt to take BT Plus with my Superfast Fibre 2. It also says that BT Halo includes the new Smart Hub 2 which I haven’t got.

Does that mean I’ll be given BT Halo AND the new Smart Hub 2 for free?

And if I try to add BT Halo 2, it also says that I’ve “ already got our top broadband and TV products. We can’t beat that, so we don’t have any personalised deals for you here at the moment.” Does that mean I’ll be given BT Halo 2 for free as well?

0 Ratings
Danathan
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

I think you need to call in. 0800800150. Halo IS the rebrand of Fibre Plus. It gives you certain extra benefits. Halo 2 will give you newest & best smart hub as well.

0 Ratings
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

I'm confused. @V_Meldrew said that "Halo is just Superfast fibre re-branded" and you're saying "Halo IS the rebrand of Fibre Plus".

Who's correct? I've got Superfast Fibre 2, but BT are saying I can't upgrade to anything because "You've already got our top broadband and TV products".

I'm totally confused now 😞

0 Ratings
Danathan
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Fibre Plus (now Halo) gives you certain benefits over 'ordinary' superfast fibre. These are a keep connected promise, connection to UK & Ireland agents if you need to speak to faults, no price increase at the end of the contract, and doubled-up data on a BT mobile.  I'd ignore the message saying you're already on top package. I can't see a reason why you can't get Halo, but it sounds like you definitely need to call in to arrange this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

@tarbat 

from your posts you only purchased Superfast 2 which is the basic then you can add Halo1 or Halo2 to your existing Superfast fibre - just like 'Plus' was an add-on

if you want to add Halo then phone options team 0800800030 who can help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings