Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Can't renew contract through BT's website

Evening all.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, mods are welcome to move it where it belongs if that's the case.

Having come to a conclusion that £60 a month for ADSL is, charitably speaking, a rip off,  I decided to try to find a way to renew my contract without having to deal with BT's legendarily incompetent customer service.

To that end, I used the https://www.bt.com/contract-renew link which was the first result on google, went there, clicked the "renew now" button, filled in my details and was greeted with an error "sorry, you currently don't have BT sport. Click here to order" or something along the lines.

Firstly, I don't recall BT sport being a pre-requisite to renew a broadband contract that never had BT sport in the first place. Secondly, none of that seems to be mentioned in the fine print/legal stuff, nor does the fine print mention whether "Price from month 19 currently: £42.99 a month" already includes line rental in the sum.

Now for the main question - is it at all possible to skip the middleman and renew the contract online, assuming the price would be worth it, and can this be done without BT sport, which I don't need, nor upgrading to fibre optic, which I don't need either, as I'm not big on downloading or streaming high quality content.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't renew contract through BT's website

The best route to a decent new contract is the Options Team reachable via 0800 800 030. I invariably get an acceptable deal, sometimes better than the best I hoped for.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can't renew contract through BT's website

I can't find any consistent information on this, but wasn't the options team rebranded to value/loyalty and the number changed to 0800 800 150? Not really sure on this, but a phonecall really is the last thing I want due to night time work arrangements and a necessity to reserve time off work without compensation.

Any other means of contact? Live chat? Email? Anything that wouldn't require me to be up at specific times of day just on the offchance of getting a better deal without being stapled to my phone for unspecifiable amounts of time?

0 Ratings