cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Can't swap from Fibre 2 to Full Fibre 100

Go to solution

We have been on Fibre 2 for over three years and getting a solid 76 meg download. No complaints.

Our contract ends on 18/12, so a month out I contacted BT to see what the options were. I was told that the updated product is Full Fibre 100 and offered a price slightly less than we are currently paying, so I signed up..

Come the day of the switch, nothing happened and the account was showing that the change hadn't happened for technical reasons. A week later, 24/11, the order was cancelled by BT

I contacted them and was told to reorder, which I did, given a date of 25/11 for the new service. Come the day, nothing happened except the landline package changed. The broadband shows the same technical issue pending an engineering intervention

It seems bizarre to me that a shift from one fibre package to another seems impossible and I can't get anyone to talk to me.

Any ideas?

Only 4 days now until the current contract ends and we presumably start seeing higher charges 

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Can't swap from Fibre 2 to Full Fibre 100

Go to solution

Fibre 100 is G.fast not same as FTTC and needs to cabinet to be upgraded to G.Fast

what choices do you have on dslchecker?

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Full fibre 100 is FTTP and requires a completely new fibre line to your house, not a simple upgrade.

Edit: Just seen from your other thread that you already have FTTP, so not sure why there is a problem. Give the FTTP team a call 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Much persistence got me a conversation with a techie today. It turns out to be a data integrity issue - i.e descriptive metadata in BT's systems somewhere not matching Openreach's.  They cancelled it again after I put the phone down

Not sure where this leaves me. Hopefully someone is working on it, but who knows?

Edit: yes, Fibre 2 is already FTTP.  No cabinets involved.  

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Just for info, 0800 587 4787 now just shunts you into the main enquiries queue.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

@Phil_Wales 

that only happens when the FTTP TEAM line is very busy   you just need to try at quieter time

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Hello Phil i had this issue in the end sales support team ordered my full fibre 100 using the manual system. When openreach have confirmed your appointment then your order has been committed by openreach.

Paul 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

I haven't yet found a "quieter time" when this doesn't happen

It's not a case of it ringing and then diverting. It literally goes straight to the main menu 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Sorry but just need to keep trying. there are numerous posts on the forum where customers phone 08005874787 and get straight through. The diversion is only when busy

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Once again. It doesn't divert. It goes straight to the main menu. Every time.

Tried it recently?

0 Ratings