cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aljs
Message 1 of 5

Can't upgrade to Infinity via bt.com

Go to solution

I moved house a couple of months ago, which required a brand new line to be installed at my new home. As a result I couldn't order Infinity as the system didn't allow this until a line was in place. After a number of delays, and incorrect billing, the line was finally installed at the start of March. I was told I could a day after the line went active upgrade to Infinity. 

However this has proved impossible via bt.com, as at the start of the order process, it shows up my current account, but with the phone number associated to my old property. Continuing on then brings me to an error screen where it says I should amend the phone number on my account - these instructions as far as I can tell are completely wrong as there's no way to actually do what it says within my account on bt.com.

I have spoken on a number of occasions to helpdesk staff in relation to the delayed installation, the incorrect billing and also not being able to upgrade. I've been given 3 case managers, only one of which as promised gave contact details for getting in touch with them, however having tried to phone them again last week when they didn't call back as promised with an update resulted in a direct to answerphone and no call back to my message! 

Basically I just want to upgrade to infinity as soon as possible, but can't do it online, and in fact the case manager I last spoke to said that issues on bt.com were nothing to do with them, but the data management team may sort out the incorrect phone number on the account. This was 2 weeks ago, and I was promised an update call at the end of that week which never materialised.

I am very frustrated as I'm now 2 months after the line was supposed to be installed, and I seemingly can't get anyone to actually process the order to upgrade to infinity.

Screenshots of what I see when I try to upgrade online are below. I would be grateful if someone could advise how this incorrect number can be corrected on my account, or advise who I can actually speak to to discuss just ordering the upgrade. 

start-order.jpg

incorrect-number.jpg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't upgrade to Infinity via bt.com

Go to solution
I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @aljs,

It sounds like there are a few issues in the background that we'll need to get fixed for you. It may take us a bit of time but we'll do all we can to help you. You can raise a trouble ticket to us by clicking on my user name and then by clicking on the contact the mods link. Please allow us a few working days to get back in touch with you after sending the ticket in.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
aljs
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks, have just raised a ticket.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@aljs Thanks for speaking with me yesterday, I'm glad I was able to help you get that sorted Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings