cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ant2011
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Can the BT reward card be used on Amazon?

Go to solution

Can you use the BT reward card to make purchases online, specifically Amazon?

For instance, could I convert my reward card balance to Amazon credit by using it to buy an Amazon gift voucher, then applying that voucher to my own account? Or is that something you're not really supposed to do?

It would be nice to be able to put the balance toward a larger purchase.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can the BT reward card be used on Amazon?

Go to solution

Bt say

'Unlike reward vouchers, the BT Reward Card is a chip and PIN MasterCard pre-loaded with money that you use just like a debit card. That means you can spend it anywhere MasterCard is accepted either online or, if you're a traditionalist, in highstreet shops both in the UK and abroad.'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Ant2011,

You can find out more here - Information about the BT Reward Card

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Andrewman
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I am having a huge issue with The reward card and Amazon. As I currently understand it when purchasing something from Amazon, they, Amazon. preauthorise the amount on the card to make sure it’s valid.......Purecard see this preauthorisation as a purchase and debit the amount to the card. When Amazon do actually charge the card on dispatch of the goods Purecard decline it as it take the balance above the loaded value - its a prefect storm for me at the moment. 

Amazon state they have only asked for the amount to be set aside.

Purecard tell me only refunds can come from the retailer

I have £76.95 in cyberspace at the moment....and I don’t feel very rewarded !

0 Ratings
Ant2011
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
If you're talking about the £1 authorisation that Amazon place on the card when you first add it as a new payment method, I had the same problem.  However, it did disappear eventually.  It took 16 days in my case.

I used my card for store purchases until there was only £1.96 left on it, then decided to buy Amazon credit with the remaining balance to use it up.  My first attempt to buy £1.96 of credit resulted in a declined payment.  I then noticed that a £1 authorisation had been added by Amazon and the balance on the card had been reduced to 96p, less than the amount I had tried to charge and less than the minimum amount of Amazon credit you are allowed to buy.  So I just had to wait.  16 days later, the £1 authorisation finally disappeared and the balance returned to £1.96.

I then successfully bought £1.96 of Amazon credit.  It appeared as "auth" on the card balance initially, but the payment was authorised and the credit appeared on my Amazon account immediately.  A couple of days later, the charge changed from "auth" to "fin" on the card balance.
0 Ratings
Andrewman
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

The £1 added for a new card is visible, but they did the same with my first purchase, it’s blocked the card until it all clicks back into place. As I said I have £76.95 in cyber space with both purecard and Amazon blaming each other - Purecard are totally inept at recognising what is a preauthorisation and what is a sale.

0 Ratings
Andrewman
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I liked the idea of buying Amazon credit though, i have successfully bought credit with the card. Still fighting with purecard to get the £1 back though so not totally clear yet.

0 Ratings