cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Cancel BT broadband and go to another provider?

Go to solution

Hi,

as everyone is at the moment, we're looking at costs. We pay £55 for BT broadband and we have the VIP package for BT TV.  Can we move to another provider for broadband but stay with BT for the TV? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cancel BT broadband and go to another provider?

Go to solution

@scooby66 

BT TV is delivered using multicast over the BT network. so would not work on another provider. You would have to use something like NowTV. I think you may be also able to subscribe to BT sports on some other platforms.

I doubt very much if you would save anything, and it could work out more expensive.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

You can save money by going Direct to Now TV. I'm still with BT for broadband but chose not to renew the TV contract when it expired. I then joined Now TV direct on a 3 month half price offer and the big saving comes in the form of the contract length, 2 years with BT as opposed to 30 days with Now TV.

That means I get to cancel it when the weather gets good and restart it when it gets bad with no penalties

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Les-Gibsonwrote:

the big saving comes in the form of the contract length, 2 years with BT as opposed to 30 days with Now TV.

That means I get to cancel it when the weather gets good and restart it when it gets bad with no penalties

Is that not the same as the flexible tv though? Also no guarantees you'll get the same offer all the time from Now

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@garybs29 

Yes, but that's exactly my point, why pay BT every month for 2 years when you can pick and choose when to pay (on a pay as you go basis) at the same monthly cost. I couldn't see the point which is why I didn't renew

0 Ratings