cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Cancel Broadband with early termination charge

Go to solution

I'd like to cancel broadband and landline, (I only have these services from BT). My 24 month contract end date is 31st August 24 and I currently pay £28.58 monthly for fibre2, if I were to give 30 days notice now what would be the likely charge?

Is there a formulae I could apply without calling in?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cancel Broadband with early termination charge

Go to solution

There is a convoluted formula in the T&Cs but it's a bit meaningless. BT will deduct their costs of providing the service but of course, no one is going to disclose publicly what they pay Openreach. I don't know if @iniltous, @-Richie- or one of the Mods can give a guestimate.

At a guess I would think you could cancel, receive the ETC figure & then cancel the cancellation if necessary.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you for the link, that gives me an idea of the likely cost (from my calculations about half the cost for 7 month early termination, ie 7x 28.58 is £200.06, apply the formulae gives total of about £100), and a way to contact. 

I opened a webchat and made a call but both taking too long to answer at the moment, but I'll try later when I've got time for it.

Thank you both for your quick replies

Edited to add an up date. I just came off the phone from BT and the early cancellation fee will be £60.28, I just need to add to that any cost liable for the service up to the end date which will be 16th Feb.

More than happy with that, again thanks for pointing me the right direction

0 Ratings