cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Canceling BT TVNow)

Go to solution

My BT TV contract for Now(Now TV) Big Entertainment plus HD on is coming to an end in the next few days.

Can I cancel via BT live online chat and do I still need to give 30 days notice.

Im going to get the same Now(Now TV) package direct from Now. As it will save me a £1 or so on HD and at times Now(Now TV) seem to offer discounts that BT don't seem to offer.

I still in contract for BT FTTC for about another 10 months. So will be keeping BT FTTC and don't want to renew my BT FTTC just now.

After I cancel BT TV(Now) how long after its canceled do I get to move direct to Now(Now TV)

I know I will not be able to record the Now(Now TV) channels  but 80% of what I watch on Now(Now TV) is also on Now(Now TV) catch up/on demand.

As for the AMC channel. I have not watched that channel in months.

The Youview box BT sent me in mid or late 2018. My other BT Youview box is a retail box, From late 2017.

I now use most of my apps via the two Amazon Firesticks that I got last year.

I still at times record some show on the Freeview channels. As depending on channel not all shows are on catch up.

Darren

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Canceling BT TVNow)

Go to solution

@neywrote:

My BT TV contract for Now(Now TV) Big Entertainment plus HD on is coming to an end in the next few days.

Can I cancel via BT live online chat and do I still need to give 30 days notice.

Im going to get the same Now(Now TV) package direct from Now. As it will save me a £1 or so on HD and at times Now(Now TV) seem to offer discounts that BT don't seem to offer.

I still in contract for BT FTTC for about another 10 months. So will be keeping BT FTTC and don't want to renew my BT FTTC just now.

After I cancel BT TV(Now) how long after its canceled do I get to move direct to Now(Now TV)

Darren

I wouldn't advise you do it online, I suggest you ring 0800800150 

Don't use the word 'cancel' as that could cause confusion and you may be told you have to give notice when in fact you don't, instead make it clear that the contract is coming up for renewal and you won't be renewing it but that you wish to retain your other services.

Finally, make sure you request confirmation by email of the changes to your services to ensure that they get it right.

I'm waiting to find out how long after cancelling I can move direct to Now myself.

Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

@Les-Gibson  Thanks for your replay. I try what you said over the weekend while I'm at my sisters.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

@Les-Gibsonwrote:

@neywrote:

Darren

Don't use the word 'cancel' as that could cause confusion and you may be told you have to give notice when in fact you don't, instead make it clear that the contract is coming up for renewal and you won't be renewing it but that you wish to retain your other services.

There's still 30 days notice if the tv services are being removed completely as per the t&c's

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@garybs29wrote:

@Les-Gibsonwrote:

@neywrote:

Darren

There's still 30 days notice if the tv services are being removed completely as per the t&c's

Wrong.

In this particular case the TV services are not being removed, the contract is coming to it's natural conclusion and is not being renewed, therefore no notice is necessary

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

I know I'm right through bitter experience, there's 30 days notice for cancelling anything no matter the contract status

Also from https://www.bt.com/terms -

(c) After the end of the cooling-off period you can cancel the agreement at any time by giving us 30 days' notice. However, if you're within the minimum term you may have to pay compensation for leaving early, depending on your reason for cancelling.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Again, there was no cancellation, the contract is coming to it's expiry date. Choosing not to renew does not constitute a cancellation

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Have just canceled BT TV(Now TV) Big Entertainment plus HD add on and service is due to stop on 15 April.

Woman said I need to send my BT Youview box  back but I dont as I got the Youview box in 2018.

I going to take up the Now (Now TV) offer of  3 months at £5.99 a month for Entertainment and £5.99 a month for Sky Cinema and 7 day free trial of HD boost.

Still got 9 months left on my BT FTTC to go. So that's staying the same for now.

Got sent and email to confirm.

Darren

Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Just a quick query. 
Woman on phone said I was to send the BT Youview box back or I may be charged for not returning box and they will send a returns bag in the next 5 to 7 days.

I got the BT Youview box from BT in 2018 before they changed there T&C.

Have had a few mixed replies on the Youview Community forums  about if I to send the BT Youview box back that BT gave me as its was in 2018. I got the box from BT.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Did you receive a replacement box after 13/12/19 ? If you did then it has to go back but if it's the same box that was issued to you in 2018 then it's yours to keep. 

0 Ratings