cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Canceling broadband contract

I've been with you for 4/5 monhs now and due to unforeseen circumstances I can no longer afford to pay for. So I was wanting to cancel my contract and I was wandering how I go about doing this.  Also if there will be a cancellation charge.  Thank you.

Maz x

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Canceling broadband contract

@marianne1978 

You have to ring up to cancel. If you call 0800 800 150, and follow the voice prompts, you will be directed to an advisor. They will be able to tell you what the cancellation charges would be.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@marianne1978wrote:

I've been with you for 4/5 monhs now and due to unforeseen circumstances I can no longer afford to pay for. So I was wanting to cancel my contract and I was wandering how I go about doing this.  Also if there will be a cancellation charge.  Thank you.

Maz x

Hi @marianne1978   The full early termination fees are shown here: https://www.bt.com/assets/pdf/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf?s_cid=con_FURL_termcharges#page179

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thank you x
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 5 of 5

Along with the early termination charges, you will have what's known as a deferred payment charge for your hub if this is the first time joining BT, the equipment charge will be around £65.

0 Ratings