cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leoniepo
Message 1 of 3

Cancellation Fees

Today I had to cancel my BT account as I am having to move.

As I am either going to move in with family or friends and they have accounts already set up, the cancellation fees were over £150, I think BT need  to look into this, particularly in the current climate where young people have to move home to their parents etc and people may have to move out of rental properties with only one months notice from their landlords.

It certainly doesn't encourage me to think about going back to BT in the future.

You have to take out a full year contract as there is no other option, therefore if circumstances change beyond your control there should be alternatives.

Food for thought I think.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cancellation Fees

Its the same for all Service Providers and ISPs. Some do offer shorter contracts, but at a large monthly cost.

If you expect to move about a lot, then mobile broadband would be a better option.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cancellation Fees

Why do they need to look into it?  Their aim is to make a profit out of you.  To do that, they lock you into a long contract and charge you a big cancellation fee if you leave early.  It's working just as BT wants it to.

0 Ratings