Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nigma
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Cancellation charge appearing on my last bill

Hi,

I called BT on 20th November 2013 to move house and transfer my BT calls and broadband (BT Infinity Option 3). The lady I spoke with said that they were unable to provide the same service at the new property (No infinity available) so my options were to downgrade to the avaiable broadband on 1Mbit or to cancel the contract.  She also said that the latter would not incurr any cost as they were unable to provide the same services, So i went with this option.

Winding forward by two month, I recieved my "final" bill today and there is a shocking charge for ~£149 on the bill stating that as I cancelled my BT service within the contract period, that is what this charge is.

I called customer services (in India) who are saying that there is no evidence on record that this was a house move so are claiming that I need to pay this. All I have in email form is a cancellation order that BT sent through on the 20th November.

Is there anyway I can speak to someone that can help with this. I have been passed around between 3 people in the past 3 hours, not one being able to resolve the issue. The first one said that they will be able to issue a refund no problem - but need to speak with someone in billing.

Thanks

Anand

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cancellation charge appearing on my last bill

A forum moderator should be along later, possibly in the morning, to look into this for you.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi nigma,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry that this has happened.  As we can't provide the same service at your new address you shouldn't have been held to term on the BT Infinity package.  No need to worry as I can help sort things out from here.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.  Please include the link to this thread when you complete the form and whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

All the best,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
nigma
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Thanks very much.. Have followed your instructions.

0 Ratings
nigma
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I've not seen any movement on this. Just checking at this issue has been received and is being looked at ?

Thanks
Anand
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phone you would have received a tracking reference as a new web page as soon as you clicked on the send button of the contact form
0 Ratings