cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

Cancellation of Landline extras

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to cancel extras on a landline package, for example, Friends and Family International?

The BT website offers options to add additional features only, not take away existing; if existing options can be removed, they are securely successfully hidden.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Cancellation of Landline extras

You should be able to make changes to add-ons using MYBT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 9

Hello Imjolly

I've already attempted to use MYBT to cancel this extra.  If it's possible via  that route then the path is obscure. If you know how to do it, can you post clear instructions.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 9

Hello Imjolly

I've already attempted to use MYBT to cancel this extra. If it's possible via that route then the path is obscure. If you know how to do it, can you post clear instructions.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

I justness login to MYBT app then products and scroll to phone then select and then I can manage my landline. I have a digital line but should be same just your options are different

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 9

Hello IMJolly,

Your guidance is much appreciated.  I followed the path you suggested using the My BT app and found the Landline add-ons. These are the same as those available using My BT in a web browser. 

The app doesn't offer the option to "Stop Current Add-On".  Instead, the user is directed to a page where they are asked to review all landline add-ons. There is a note on the top of this  page instructing them to  select "Keep Current" to maintain the add-on but no instruction on what to do if they wish to remove the add-on. Furthermore,  it's not entirely clear which section needs addressing because the naming convention is not consistent. So, to remove a single add-on, the user is required to review and select against every landline add-on option including purchasing hand sets.  

Despite the abstruse instructions, I have removed the "Friends and Family International" option. 

This method of cancelling add-ons is poorly designed from a user experience but not, I suspect, from luring people into further unnecessary purchases.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

Im beinf charged an extra £5 a month for an add on but when I go to manage my add ona for landline they tell me I have 0! The bills always creep up slowly. Unfortunately BT ia the only option where we live.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Emgrindxx,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

If you have any questions about your account or would like to remove an add on it would be best to call 0800 800 150 and speak to one our Customer Service Advisers.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

I will be tomorrow even though I do always dread calling!

0 Ratings