Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John2511
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Cancellation question

Go to solution

Hi, I currently am connected to standard broadband along with phone rental (not fibre) at my home address, due to the fact we cannot get any fibre service at our address. I recently moved provider to BT and have had no reason to be dissatisfied with the service everything works as it should. 

In the last couple of weeks a company called warwicknet has pulled in its own cable to an adjacent cabinet and is now offering to supply fibre to our house. Obviously id like to take up the offer but am still under contract to BT for another 18 months, is there a way I can leave my contract cheaply ? I would stay with BT if they offered fibre but speaking to them our cabinet is not on the roll out and they cant say if it will be ever enabled for fibre.

Thanks in advance for replies. John

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cancellation question

Go to solution
Unfortunately there is no cheap way out. You would have to pay the rest of the contract.
Highlighted
LittleHelper
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Or tell them you are moving to hull lol. They can't provide there.
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

You should be able to move when BT next raise their prices as they have to give you the option of leaving without incurring early termination costs. Last price rise was 7 Jan 2018 and previous rises have been every 10 months.

Late edit - the notification email giving the 30 day window to move can be sent up to 2 months in advance of the price rise date.