Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davidmmann
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Cancellation

Go to solution

Hi, 

I’ve been patiently waiting for my contract term to reach its end date so I can cancel all bt services without paying a fee.

having just checked my account today, still 10 days before my contract ends, I see a new contract end date of the 11th June 2022!!

i haven’t signed up to a new contract, changed my services or had any contact with BT since I checked my cancellation rights at the start of the year.  How can my contract have been automatically extended by a year.?

I’m currently offshore overseas and have been since early March this year and have no access to a telephone, the only contact method described on the site to allow a cancellation! I’m not due home till July.  

Can somebody please advise how I cancel my account as I’ve not entered the new term that I’ve been automatically enrolled into.

many thanks

david 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
PaddyB
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cancellation

Go to solution

Hi @Davidmmann,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

Your contract wouldn't renew automatically. With what you have posted it sounds like you might have signed up for a 24-month contract.

When did you sign up to BT and if you check your confirmation email, it should state the contact end date and length as well?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Davidmmann
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cancellation

Go to solution
Paddy, you are indeed correct. Thanks for helping out
0 Ratings