Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Cancelled BT TV But Still Charged

Hello,

I recently recontracted my phone and broadband, but cancelled BT TV/Sport.  I have just received my latest bill and have been charged for TV/Sport/Netflix for the coming month.  

My BT package information is correct in MYBT and I did get an email about the TV service stopping.  The TV service stopped working the next day, so it's definitley cancelled.  

I am posting here so hopefully a mod can look into this for me. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cancelled BT TV But Still Charged

Hi @United77

I’ve flagged your post to the moderators. One should post shortly. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Hi @United77

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry that you're still being charged for BT TV/Sport after cancelling the service.  Do you want to have a go chatting with our >> Billing Live Chat Team << this morning and post back to let me know how you get on?

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Hi Robbie,

I tried the live chat but they couldn't help.  They said I would need to speak to the loyalty team to make sure that BT TV is really cancelled.  I don't undertand this as it's no longer working and it is not listed in my packages anymore.

Can you look into this for me please.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Hi @United77 As you have confirmed that the services are no longer on your account when you check online. The charges you see would be for the notice period - 30 days for the services cancelled. I take it you have only cancelled these services recently and the charges have appeared on your next monthly bill. If you wait until next months bill and check you should receive a partial refund for the any days billed after the 30 days notice has passed. 

I'm confident that this is the reason so please check next months bill and post back and if you are still being charged we will be happy to help you. 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings